3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

lights mods?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 04:11 AM
CanadaDak
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lights mods?

ok i got the halo projecters up front, love them besides 1 of the blue halos crapped out on me, oh well,

i need to do something with the tails and the third. tomorrow im going to auto shop try and find some type of night shade tail light paint product and ganna look around if i can find some led replacement bulbs if i cant find any here will go to ebay or V-leds, anyone recommend another site anyone done this already.tips?

but the tail lights, i got the black dak and going for a murdered out look.. i dont think i want to bother doing a DIY due to people get pulled over all the time here for blacking out there tails .. i came across a pair of the altezza black led tails for a have decent price.. they would look killer on my truck if legit but anyone on here have them.. will i need to install some kinda relays or something to make them work right being there leds?

Old 09-29-2012, 06:35 AM
06Dak4.7Silver
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should be plug and play if they sell them like that. Resistors or whatever is needed should be inside there already. If it isn't plug and play, it should say it.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:21 AM
italiandominator
All Star

I got the Bermuda black led tail lights and I love them. They were plug and play and are bright as hell. Was able to find them for $200 on amazon.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:29 AM
Alfons
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LED's are very low power, so using a relay to turn them on/off isn't necessary. If the LED "bulb" is made for automotive use, it will have everything you need to attach it and have it work (just follow the enclosed installation guide) - these units, including housing, resistors, and connectors, should be all assembled and ready to use. If, however, you want to use the individual LEDs with a couple of wires coming out of them, you would need to add a resistor (this acts as a load in series with the LED and limits the current it can suck up, without the resistor, the LED is toast as soon as you turn the power on).

Old 09-29-2012, 11:05 AM
Reject
Record Breaker

I would get the OEM Look LED ones, Buy some LED Reverse Bulbs and then if you dont want to Nightstade, Find a set of Covers and Paint them a nice Gloss Black.

OEM Style aftermarket LED Tails

Tail Covers for OEM Lights (Ones I bought - Need to be painted they have faded)

I also have LED Reverse lights, They are bright and didnt cost to much. No resistor is needed for the Reverse lights either.

I just find the Round Reflector in the Bermuda ones Ugly.

I also installed a Clear LED 3rd Brake Lights. 6 LED's for the Brake, then you use normal bulbs for the Cargo, Or like me I installed LED's
The brake light on it is super bright, so even night shading it some it should be plenty bright. Or if you get lucky you can find the Smoke version that I couldnt when I bought mine.

Last edited by Reject; 09-29-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Quick Reply: lights mods?