3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

A little engine info please...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 05:12 PM
mytrplseven
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little engine info please...

I have a 2005 Dakota SLT w/4.7 litre v8 and I just replaced the IAC to hopefully solve the stumbling idle issue. I noticed that some of the other ideas for solving this ongoing problem with these trucks are: TPS, EGR Valve, IAT (temp probe, I think) and possible crank sensor. Without buying a shop manual, is there any resource where I can find the location of these items? Since the dealers don't seem to be of any help, I'm planning on chasing this myself.

Also has anyone gotten any updates re: software update from the factory on the ecm? I understand that they're aware of the chronic nature of this problem.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:36 PM
JoeyDMG
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should be able to get the service manual here:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...s-manuals.html

I do have the ECM update on my truck. I had a stalling issue which turned out to be the camshaft sensor. If it's done at the dealership there should be a sticker saying the update was done with the specific update number. Mine is on the frame by the battery. It doesn't stall anymore, but I don't attribute that to the ECM update.

Quick Reply: A little engine info please...