3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Keyless Entry Module

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 02:44 PM
clud4651
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless Entry Module

I've searched around the site a little but cannot find a thread on the location of our keyless entry modules. I have two keys that are programmed to the vehicle, but still won't work (recently started). I found a guy to take a look at it and he says it's the module (he is a local locksmith who worked for dodge for many years as a mechanic) and he says its an easy fix with the part. Any help is always appreciated.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:34 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

A while back, both of my key fobs wouldn't open up or lock the doors. First it was an intermittent issue, but then it was constant. I also think that the door lock buttons (on the door interior) would not work either, but I'm not certain on that. I brought it into the dealer since it was still under warranty, and it turned out to be the instrument cluster needed replacing. They put a new cluster in, and everything worked fine after that.

I know that the power door lock wiring goes through the instrument cluster, so that may be your problem. Looking at the power door lock wiring diagram, I don't see a keyless entry module.

And maybe try a PCM reset, which seems to fix a lot of electrical issues. Disconnect the battery for 30 minutes, you might get lucky, but probably not.

Last edited by dakotaff; 12-16-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Keyless Entry Module