3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Tie Rods and Sway Bar Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013 | 04:00 AM
ckrekeler

The Moog sway bar links that I purchased at O'Reillys have grease fittings. I just replaced mine about a month ago because they were both busted up pretty bad. Just like someone mentioned before, they will probably break when taking them off, both of mine did. For the Tie Rod, I used an AutoZone brand out of desperation, but I changed my inner tie rod on one side with a Moog that I ordered from a local auto parts store. They are not that hard to change as long as you rent the special tool to take them off. It took my around an hour or so to change the inner tie rod. I noticed that Moog parts are a little more beefy than the factory parts, so I plan to change the other inner tie rod and both tie rod ends in the near future.

Old 01-19-2013 | 08:49 PM
thecause17
Veteran

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02
Btw does anyone know the size of the front stabilizer bar? Just curious, I can caliper it, but was curious if anyone knew off the top of their head?
There are two sizes, one for standard suspension and one for the offroad suspension. The standard size is 34mm, and the offroad bar is 32mm.

I thought I would've had the 34mm bar but I actually had the 32mm so it's not only the TRX4 that will have it. I think it may be anything with the rear sway bar delete.

Originally Posted by ckrekeler
The Moog sway bar links that I purchased at O'Reillys have grease fittings.
You're right, but it wasn't the link that was in question, it was the bushing.

Last edited by thecause17; 01-19-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-21-2013 | 12:46 PM
lghtngblt02
|
The RAM Administrator

Originally Posted by thecause17
There are two sizes, one for standard suspension and one for the offroad suspension. The standard size is 34mm, and the offroad bar is 32mm.

I thought I would've had the 34mm bar but I actually had the 32mm so it's not only the TRX4 that will have it. I think it may be anything with the rear sway bar delete.

You're right, but it wasn't the link that was in question, it was the bushing.
Yep, I calipered it, I am running a 34mm in the front. Thanks

Quick Reply: Tie Rods and Sway Bar Bushings