3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Broken Spider Gears... F***

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 07:21 PM
Alfons
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cheeseburger
Everything including the Sway bar and complete Brake set. and it was full of fluid. $440
If the seals & bearings are all good, that's a good deal. The whole axle is a lot cheaper & easier to change than diff parts.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:24 PM
cheeseburger
All Star
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I checked the seals for signs of leakage and everything looks dry. The truck it came out of was driving less than a week ago.. it had an unfortunate run in with something very large that did not want to move...

Old 01-26-2013, 07:33 PM
Alfons
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cheeseburger
I checked the seals for signs of leakage and everything looks dry. The truck it came out of was driving less than a week ago.. it had an unfortunate run in with something very large that did not want to move...
Well, that's certainly your gain. I think that the speed sensor setup should be transparent to your computer, but I'm not sure. If the speed is inaccurate, you may need to have a dealership set it up for that axle ratio - maybe someone here knows for sure, I didn't see anything definitive in the manual.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:52 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Alfons
Well, that's certainly your gain. I think that the speed sensor setup should be transparent to your computer, but I'm not sure. If the speed is inaccurate, you may need to have a dealership set it up for that axle ratio - maybe someone here knows for sure, I didn't see anything definitive in the manual.
Or, you can get a hypertech and change it yourself........AND have a tuner.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:56 PM
cheeseburger
All Star
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The speedo doesnt change, the sensor has a tone ring on the outside of the ring gear. the frequency of the square wave that determines the output of the speedometer is set by the speed of the wheels on the ground. And if i had to change it, my superchips could do the job.

Quick Reply: Broken Spider Gears... F***