3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

whining/humming

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 10:51 AM
whitecotton03
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2nd owner. previous owner was an old man. truck has 74k miles. never been to huge of a dodge fan and i guess i had bad luck with my first. always was and will be a ford guy. next vehicle f150

Old 02-16-2013, 11:07 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

There do seem to be a few Monday trucks in this mix. Probably seems like a higher percentage than other manufacturers, but IMO, since production numbers are low, it just seems like more. Hope everything turns out the best for you no matter what you decide to do.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:57 AM
whitecotton03
Amateur

Originally Posted by jkeaton
There do seem to be a few Monday trucks in this mix. Probably seems like a higher percentage than other manufacturers, but IMO, since production numbers are low, it just seems like more. Hope everything turns out the best for you no matter what you decide to do.
I tried giving dodge a try and unfortunately it didnt work. Cant say i didnt try. But thanks

Old 02-18-2013, 10:27 AM
northgator8
All Star
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Only Whine/Hum I ever heard with my vehicles was the ex-girlfriend. Solved that problem - cost of Maintenance went way down too!

If you drop a whole line of vehicles from you list because of one problem with one truck, you might run out of makes pretty quickly. They all have problems and if you are unlucky enough to end up with that one, it's going to be a pretty short list pretty quickly. Buying used often puts you into the pool of problem vehicles because there is often a reason that someone trades/sells.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:21 PM
baross1
Rookie

Don't know if you found your problem yet,but I agree with DakoCun on the wheel bearing. Just had alot of front end work done on my 06, and the noise I thought was whining/humming from the tires was a bad bearing/hub. Noise gone now. Good luck

Quick Reply: whining/humming