3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Head light - tail light problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013 | 09:02 PM
calixdakota
|
Professional
Default Head light - tail light problem

hey friends!
want to thank you all anyway for help in the past
i seem to be having a bit of trouble with my head/tail lights i just recently noticed.
When im in park - my front left head light appears to be out and my rear left driver side light seems out, but when im driving the break lights work and the frront head ligths are on
but when i have my night time lights on the left turning signal doesnt work in the rear and im not sure about in the front.
i have a somewhat broken driver side tail light- casing - i have a new on arriving tomorow or thursday with new bulbs an lens an casing.
any suggestions as to why the front one appears out in park?
and the back?
thanks! any help greatly appreciated ! thanks!!
-Alex

Old 03-19-2013 | 09:30 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Got any pictures?

Old 03-20-2013 | 02:25 AM
moe7404
Record Breaker

this hint may help. on chrysler trucks/cars ,mostly, all of the power that goes to the rear goes throu turn signal switch under the steering. it seams to fail a lot when they get old.

Old 03-20-2013 | 09:24 AM
italiandominator
All Star

Check fuses. 2 separate fuses not only for left and right parking lights BUT also 2 separate fuses for park lamps and another for turn signal/brake light

Old 03-21-2013 | 04:20 AM
calixdakota
|
Professional

thanks all
I am going to take pictures and check out fuses when my new tailight casing/bulbs show up tomorrow, thanks a million people.

Old 03-21-2013 | 04:23 AM
calixdakota
|
Professional

OH AND I DON'T think i mentioned.
when the i turn the nighttime lights on - and the dash lights up or whatever- and i go to use my left turning signal it ticks MUCH FASTER like the ticking noise and flashing on dash it self are speeded up by 10x.
and the left indicator on tail light from what i can tell so far only doesnt work when the nighttime lights are on.
weird or what!

Quick Reply: Head light - tail light problem