3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 01:10 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default issues

was driving home and notice my temp guage was climbing quite high, so I get home and pop the hood, entire bottom of engine compartment is covered in either oil or tranny fluid, but it is weird, nothing smells burnt and since it is 1 am I really couldnt get a good look under truck with a flashlight, but when I smell it with my finger, it doesnt smell like oil or tranny fluid, power steering fluid is full also, kinda stumped, hoping it is just a loose line or something simple

Old 06-09-2013, 08:50 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, the power steering fluid is ATF+4, just like the transmission fluid. This (obviously) makes determining where a leak is coming from a lot harder. If the front of the engine bay is coated, I would venture that you have either a transmission or power steering leak. Both have high pressure. Is your radiator packed with this fluid?

Old 06-09-2013, 09:10 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

was able to get under truck now and wiggled the crap out of the water pump, so gonna replace that today, and also started truck and the pump was squealing pretty good

Quick Reply: issues