3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Vader get's a lift..

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013 | 02:15 AM
soupysocks
|
Amateur
Default Vader get's a lift..

I just installed a 2" leveling kit for Vader, its got a 2" spacer up front and 1" blocks out back, gives it a nice stance with 265/75/16 Firestone Destination M/T's on it....The kit is from Supreme Suspensions - ordered them directed, so far I am more than happy with them.

Next is paint the sock wheels black and add a set of factory tow hooks to it, from there HID's, strobes and tint out the back window, along with a trailer hitch... I am happy

What do you guys think?

thedak045.jpg

thedak022.jpg

thedak020.jpg

thedak013.jpg

thedak001.jpg

thedak033.jpg

thedak028.jpg

Old 06-12-2013 | 08:28 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass

Now that's what I'm talking about! Nice photos brother. It looks great. I have been debating on blocks in the rear of mine....but your setup is just right!

Old 06-12-2013 | 08:50 AM
VPad54
Veteran

nice! I think the stance on it looks greats, the tires make it look really aggressive

Old 06-12-2013 | 08:55 AM
briando

i'm beginning to grow worried that the mid sized truck may go away. prices for a full sized ram and a mid sized dakota are so close anymore, i'm afraid it may just be all full sized. my fear comes from the fact that i just bought a new house, and my silly garage is a foot and a half too shallow to fit a full sized in there without tearing into my living room. c'mon guys. keep the mid size alive

Old 06-12-2013 | 12:16 PM
06Dak4.7Silver
Record Breaker

that thing looks mean..and those future mods will definitely help it even more. Where did you get the u-bolts for the blocks? Mine has reverse rake aka California lean so I actually do need to re-level mine this summer

Old 06-12-2013 | 01:07 PM
dakotaff
Champion

Looks real good, and great pics too. thumbs_up.gif

Old 06-12-2013 | 06:45 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator

If you wait, I have a set of HIDs that I'll be selling here shortly. Not happy at all with them in our 2008+ housings. If you adjust the headlights, they do put out a nice amount of light, but it isn't much more than stock onto the actual road. On top of that, it puts a lot of light elsewhere, reflecting in lots of weird directions, and it does almost blind oncoming traffic.

I just ordered a regular set of halogen bulbs made by Philips to replace it. They should be here next week, so thats when the HIDs are coming out.

Old 06-12-2013 | 07:17 PM
soupysocks
|
Amateur

Originally Posted by 06Dak4.7Silver
that thing looks mean..and those future mods will definitely help it even more. Where did you get the u-bolts for the blocks? Mine has reverse rake aka California lean so I actually do need to re-level mine this summer
Thanks guys for the compliments! My feet got soaking wet during the photo shoot !

The U-Bolts came with the kit. I did not have to buy anything for it and it all installed like butter. I paid $220 for the whole kit delivered to my door in the Canadian Arctic, so not bad at all.

I have more pictures to post up soon! The center caps are being prepped for painting (I am keeping the Ram Head silver) and the lug nuts will stay chrome, hope to give it even a more meaner look.

Old 06-12-2013 | 07:21 PM
soupysocks
|
Amateur

Originally Posted by jasonw
If you wait, I have a set of HIDs that I'll be selling here shortly. Not happy at all with them in our 2008+ housings. If you adjust the headlights, they do put out a nice amount of light, but it isn't much more than stock onto the actual road. On top of that, it puts a lot of light elsewhere, reflecting in lots of weird directions, and it does almost blind oncoming traffic.

I just ordered a regular set of halogen bulbs made by Philips to replace it. They should be here next week, so thats when the HIDs are coming out.
Let me know what you want for them, but if it is that bad, I may re-think them as I do not want to blind anyone..I was thinking of getting a set of HID-Like bulbs, but was unsure..

Either way hit me up and we can talk!

Old 06-12-2013 | 09:29 PM
dsimm87
Professional

two thumbs up! now paint the rims black!! [totally not a biased opinion ]

Quick Reply: Vader get's a lift..