3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Billet Intake Manifold Adapters... Any input?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013 | 11:19 PM
italiandominator
|
All Star
Default Billet Intake Manifold Adapters... Any input?

Found these on eBay....Easy to see what the application is for.

For those of you that have done lots of engine mods...any input on their value?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-AIR-RAM-4-7L-CHRYSLER-BILLET-ALUMINUM-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-ADAPTERS-/251245057946?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7f5f579a&vxp=mtr

Old 07-07-2013 | 12:00 AM
FrenicX
Record Breaker

That's to adapt a ford cobra 2003-2004 intake. It was originally made by nick at airram. You can get the single plane intake or even an eaton supercharger to fit on it with those. Airram.com has videos on YouTube of the plenum installed on a ram 4.7. I'm not sure how much HP he was able to make with that setup, but I think the stock manifold has longer runners, which may be better for our heavy trucks. But then the all around gains could make up for it. Right now they are working on getting the m112 supercharger up and running by using these adaptors.

Old 07-07-2013 | 12:09 AM
italiandominator
|
All Star

Nice...thanks for the input...

I'm in total brainstorming mode...so I'm trying to get as many possible ideas of what to do with my intake for this project since I'm cleaning it as we speak and going to paint it here in the next 48 hours.

Old 07-07-2013 | 11:28 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Why don't you start a build thread instead of creating a new thread for every question you have? Would be easier to follow for you and the rest of us. Just a thought.

Old 07-09-2013 | 04:00 AM
italiandominator
|
All Star

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Why don't you start a build thread instead of creating a new thread for every question you have? Would be easier to follow for you and the rest of us. Just a thought.
My bad, and you're right. Before I start a build thread I should search and see if there is one already.

I guess just recently since I've been working on SEVERAL different things with my big project and I've been doing tons of research I've been learning and finding out about sooooo many cool things that I either want to share or get input on... Regardless, I don't want to be annoying. Just like today for example...with all the painting I've been doing someone suggested I look into Hydrographics and after seeing how cool it is I wanted to share...but like I said, refrain from being a pestering fool.

Quick Reply: Billet Intake Manifold Adapters... Any input?