3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Question about front seat replacement ..

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 02:25 AM
JimPerham
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about front seat replacement ..

Hey guys ....I have a two tier question, if I may ......

I have a 2011 Dakota I bought from a rental company that came with a busted drivers seat. My brother bought a 2008 Mitsubushi Raider --- very similar truck if not the same in body.

My first question is that since Im looking to replace my drivers seat in the Dakota, is it possible to replace both front seats and center console with that of the Mitsu Raider ????

If the answer to question 1 is " Yes ", any suggestions as to where I can find the seats ?? All my searches come up with seat covers, not the seats themselves ...... Thanks in advance for all help......

Old 08-31-2013, 02:32 AM
ouv
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I don't know if they do fit, but I recently did a switch on my 06 Quad Cab, with a '00 Dakota Single Cab seats. My driver seat was bolt for bolt. Literally the same seats, just different upholstery. The passenger took a little custom work. Had to drill two holes for the rear bolts, got new bolts and nuts and worked just fine.

Old 08-31-2013, 04:23 AM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Raider seats should fit just fine. Try a website like factorychryslerparts.com, you would have to piece it together I think, or find a salvaged one.. Which I don't know if you could... Rare truck, rare to find newer vehicles in junkyards, and rare to find all seats intact.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:41 AM
italiandominator
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may very well be mistaken, but I don't believe that they changed the seat frame dimensions from the early to late model gen 3's...I got leather seats from an 08 Laramie that was in a wreck and being parted out by the owner and not only did they fit just fine, but all the wiring harnesses, seat cushions, and seat covers fit exactly the same in my 05
quad cab

Old 08-31-2013, 09:50 AM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

You might get lucky and find one wrecked near your area. Try these locators below.

Quick Reply: Question about front seat replacement ..