3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

06 dodge dakota 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 11:25 PM
fordbambam3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 dodge dakota 4x4

yea I have a question I had my manifold bolts and gasket replace today the truck drive fine home and stuff and about 6hrs later I went to the gas station it about 7mins drive and back home I stop in my front yard and my tans temp light came on trun truck off and back on no light so I drive to the end my road drive fine same thing but truck in park and few sec later trans temp light came on and off I had all my fuild change about 4 mouths ago when I got the truck and never had this problem

Old 09-10-2013, 12:37 AM
Reject
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know aftermarket transmission filters can cause issues sometimes. Altho i dont know if that would cause overheating.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:02 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Longest....run-on...sentence.........EVAR!!!

Lets try to use some form of punctuation, and spell-check. I'm getting a headache trying to understand your post.

It sounds to me like you are assuming that your exhaust manifold bolts and gasket changes are relevant to the trans-temp light. Being that my Dak has a manual transmission, my first question would be: who did the work? Is the transmission temp. sending unit close to the exhaust manifolds?

By the way, welcome to DF! Sorry if your first posts gets bashed by myself as the Grammar ****, but if we can't understand what you are asking, we can't help you.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:38 AM
northgator8
All Star
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by donkeypunch
Longest....run-on...sentence.........EVAR!!!

Lets try to use some form of punctuation, and spell-check. I'm getting a headache trying to understand your post.
Sounds like you are as old as I am . . . .

My wife is an editor and my daughter is also a grammar cop! Luckily, she is away at University so I don't get arrested quite so often!

OP: I too would be looking at some form of sensor malfunction - disconnected sensor, melted wires, etc.

Quick Reply: 06 dodge dakota 4x4