3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

anybody used oreillys Masterpro parts? looking for tie rods

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 12:44 PM
Alfons
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremysp1993
I know all about getting my money back through paypal. It showd that it sold like 15-30 other ones. So I assume that I would get it for sure. But, I'm looking up backup ones if I don't get this one. But, I can't find any! dealer only sells them with the inner tie rod.
Well Jeremy, you seem to have had your mind made up right from the "get go" and weren't too interested in anyone's suggestions or advise that was put forward so I'll offer this bit & them I'm out of it.

Specialty items, like boots for manufacturer specific parts, are often very hard to find & when you do find them, they often don't fit or are of very poor quality and your procurement cost just keeps going up until you bite the bullet and go with either the OEM version of the part (with boot) or an aftermarket version, again, with boot. Ball joints are a good example of this, it's been relatively new to have a fair selection of replacement boots for ball joints, and then you still need to search for them. The buyers of these products with the most clout are going to be repair shops, so parts suppliers won't get too excited about loosing a sale for a couple of boots to an individual home mechanic - now some of these parts suppliers might be good enough to look up a source for them and maybe even order them for you - to do this, I'd suggest putting on your best "bedside manner" so as not to irritate them right at the start, and visit the suppliers personally - phones don't work as well to curry favors. Your other option might be to go to a junk yard and find a set that are still in good shape & remove them gently yourself. In either case, you'll still probably need to get the banding tool to strap these boots on - another addition to your cost, not counting any of your time or other expenses.

Good luck with your search. I hope your ebay selection arrives soon & fits well.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:07 PM
Jeremysp1993
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NOt sure what you mean, i took their opinions on buying the moog one, obviously. I originally had my mind set on the masterpro ones until I received opinions. I never planned on breaking a boot. I broke it while removing the other side after I bought my parts. Not like I planned on breaking it. Ive removed many other ones before and never broke a single one.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:36 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I am not too sure where this conversation is or has gone but I'll just add my opinion on the rubber boots. The cost of a banding tool is negligible, you can rent one fro most auto stores with the rent-a-tool service. Don't worry too much about going with a universal boot or something of the nature. Its not a true wear item, and all its doing is moving in a linear fashion and giving basic protection from the elements. As long as its decent thicker material it should be ok, I have used universal CV joint boots, I know not the same sizing or movements but similar characteristics without ill effect.

Good luck with the ebay and paypal issues. It'll work out, I have had minor issues like that and it seems to work out everytime, with time being the only thing you have to wait for.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Jeremysp1993
Veteran

I'm not sure how the conversation got that way either lol. They aren't wear item. You just don't want one the thickness of a plastic bag but you don't want it as thick as a tire either.

Old 09-16-2021, 09:37 PM
Deadspice7
Default Masterpro

Originally Posted by Jeremysp1993
I need an inner and outter tie rod on passenger side. I know moog is best, but I don't want to pay 110$ for their inner and outter when I can get the masterpro inner and outter for 39$. ANybody used their parts? any good for my application?
I just wanted to tell you and anyone else trying to make this decision. Master Pro is Moog. And I mean the exact same parts. Period. They are made in the exact same factory, with the exact same components, on the exact same machines. They just package them in different boxes. Then charge twice as much for the Moog over the master pro. Save your money. Buy Master Pro. Or even Napa brand. They are Moog also. Just saying. These are facts.

Old 09-17-2021, 04:48 AM
philipat
Veteran
Received 48 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Deadspice7
I just wanted to tell you and anyone else trying to make this decision. Master Pro is Moog. And I mean the exact same parts. Period. They are made in the exact same factory, with the exact same components, on the exact same machines. They just package them in different boxes. Then charge twice as much for the Moog over the master pro. Save your money. Buy Master Pro. Or even Napa brand. They are Moog also. Just saying. These are facts.
Old thread, but interesting information you have provided. But, can you verify it? Independent documentation? Not trying to pick a fight...I honestly don't know. But, if it's true, I'd love to get a Moog part at a Master Pro price.

Old 09-17-2021, 12:03 PM
Deadspice7
Default I've seen it personally

Originally Posted by philipat
Old thread, but interesting information you have provided. But, can you verify it? Independent documentation? Not trying to pick a fight...I honestly don't know. But, if it's true, I'd love to get a Moog part at a Master Pro price.
I've personally witnessed it. And it's not just car parts. Socks are the same way. The only difference between high end expensive socks and generic, is the packaging. I've personally witnessed that one as well. There is a name brand beer and a generic, that are the exact same beer, in a different can. Have a friend who witnessed that one personally.

Quick Reply: anybody used oreillys Masterpro parts? looking for tie rods