3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Should I keep my camper shell on my 05 Dakota?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 12:50 PM
Cavemanlawyer
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not very patient so I took it to a camper place and consigned it for $250. Mine only had the vent style windows and no front slider. They can deal with selling it and I'm guaranteed at least the $250 for it so I'll be happy. I bought a Duraliner (pendaliner) new for $135 from a local place. I know Line-x and other stuff is better but the bed was pretty beat up and this truck is just for getting back and forth from my ranch up north and I will take it out a few times a year and clean under it. It looks good to me and has better grip on the bed than I would have thought. Now I just have to wait and hope somebody picks it up. Thanks guys.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:50 PM
pyrofossil
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn... I feel like I got duped... I was shopping for a camper, and saw prices running for 800 to over 1200 for some. Just to find out a lot of you guys found some for $200-$300. I picked up this one about 3mos ago for $500 which I thought was one hell of a deal. Perfect condition, paint matched and all 3 windows open up, with locks on each and sliding glass next to cab (which to me is useless...). This is the picture from craigslist. I do already have it on my truck, ill post some pics of mine later.
camper_zps4c28b175.jpg
l

Old 04-29-2014, 07:23 AM
northgator8
All Star
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pyrofossil
Damn... I feel like I got duped... I was shopping for a camper, and saw prices running for 800 to over 1200 for some. Just to find out a lot of you guys found some for $200-$300. I picked up this one about 3mos ago for $500 which I thought was one hell of a deal. Perfect condition, paint matched and all 3 windows open up, with locks on each and sliding glass next to cab (which to me is useless...). This is the picture from craigslist. I do already have it on my truck, ill post some pics of mine later.
l
Supply and Demand at work! You needed one, someone had one, you paid what they needed out of it! Somewhere else, there are more available and fewer buyers so the price is lower. Don't beat yourself up! It is just the Almighty Capitalism at work!

Old 04-29-2014, 02:22 PM
Cavemanlawyer
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plus to find it in the color you need is a long shot. I have no doubt the place I consigned mine will ask 4-500 for it.

Quick Reply: Should I keep my camper shell on my 05 Dakota?