3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Strut Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 04:48 PM
daterxies
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end noise

Ive been having this grindy noise when my trucks been going up and down, or on uneven pavement (its near constant now when driving.. i can feel the grind coming from the right side of my truck

i found two videos and it sounds exactly like these, except fainter... unfortunetly the person never responded saying what was wrong.

from inside

any one have any ideas? its been on and off for a few years and now it started to be constantly when driving.

Last edited by daterxies; 05-15-2014 at 07:44 PM. Reason: ...
Old 05-16-2014, 04:07 AM
italiandominator
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it sounds like a metal on metal rattling sound, good chance it's your upper strut mount bushing. If one is going bad, you should save yourself the hassle and just replace both at the same time. How to tell if that is the problem? If you can get a good flashlight and shine it down through the hole in the top of the strut mount. Make sure you do it while the car is on the ground. If the nipple on the top of one strut looks longer than the other, then bingo...but if it just looks like the rubber is breaking apart...well, bingo again. Replace them, they don't cost too much, but I'd go with Moog. I did a write up when mine went, I'll see if I can find it and I'll send you the link.

Old 05-16-2014, 04:18 AM
italiandominator
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick Reply: Strut Bushings