3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Transmission Won't Go In Gear: P0700/876/944

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 10:53 PM
italiandominator
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok so first lemme say that I'm super super happy and relieved...that being said I also feel kinda dumb.

First things first...my tranny is fine.

Turns out all the codes and issues happened because the tranny filter (the one that looks like an oil filter) somehow got loose and unscrewed itself. As soon as we dropped the tranny pan and I saw it laying in there I was like "Hmmm, that's not supposed to be there...?" So, we screwed it back in, topped off her fluid and she's A OK...what a major relief!

Old 06-14-2014, 08:21 PM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

You are a lucky man. Might be a good time to buy some lottery tickets.

Old 06-16-2014, 11:28 AM
italiandominator
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lucky indeed! So, after I got her home (since we just bolted everything back together and refilled the fluid we drained) I got her up and dropped the pan again. This time I ran my fluid through a coffee filter (I had just changed it less than 15K miles ago and just to be on the safe side) cleaned my tranny pan of grime and RTV, re-threaded the filter with thread locker (including the drain plug as well), resealed everything nice and tight and got her happy again. So, at the end of the day I had a huge sigh of relief and was only out about $100.

Moral of the story.....

If your girl is running fine and out of no where has multiple issues like this, check her out first at home before you go to the mechanic...chances might be good that it's something simple.

Quick Reply: Transmission Won't Go In Gear: P0700/876/944