3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Skis replacment

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 12:53 PM
stetson
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skis replacment

Hey my 05 dak is locked down/ wiggin out its not really doing the same thing everytime but I believe its the skis/skreem that's the problem.
Anybody got an idea on the cost to have the dealer replace it?
And
anybody know why I can't pull the codes through the odometer ( all it dose is flash and beep and a couple relays buzz)

Old 08-15-2014, 04:26 PM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

What are these skis you speak of?

Old 08-16-2014, 07:25 AM
stetson
Rookie

Sentry key imobilizer system

Old 08-16-2014, 08:51 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by stetson
Hey my 05 dak is locked down/ wiggin out its not really doing the same thing everytime but I believe its the skis/skreem that's the problem.
Anybody got an idea on the cost to have the dealer replace it?
And
anybody know why I can't pull the codes through the odometer ( all it dose is flash and beep and a couple relays buzz)
Please define "locked down / wiggin out". Not very descriptive of a problem.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:22 PM
stetson
Rookie

Locked down as in the antitheft (skis) light came on and shut the truck down right after I started it and cut power to everything (windows and door locks dash ignition). I've got power to somethings back after it sat over night.

Wiggin out as in the dash looks like a chirstmas tree and beeping and isnt lightning up the same everytime I put the key in.

I picked up a code reader today and got
P0562 low battery
P0700 codes stored in tcm
C2100 low battery
C2206 configuration mismatch

The battery was more or less dead at the time (somethings draining it) so the low batt codes were expected.

Old 08-16-2014, 05:37 PM
RalphP
Champion
Received 368 Likes on 340 Posts

Before I even thought about worrying about the SKIS, I'd fix that battery.

A low enough battery and you'll get all kind of strange stuff happening, as the CPUs start to suffer from electrical anorexia ...

RwP

Old 08-16-2014, 05:41 PM
Alfons
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't comment on your skis, but if I was in your shoes, I'd get the battery problem fixed first - you can't diagnose things very well (and sometimes not at all) when you have a battery that goes up and down like a yo-yo. I would see if the battery would hold a charge over time and do a load test on it to make sure the battery wasn't draining itself. Once I knew the battery was solid, I'd look to see if I still had a circuit draining it and if I did, I'd see which one it was. This isn't an easy or quick process, you'll need a multimeter and wiring diagram for that - do some research and see where the circuit fuses, etc. are located and plan out how you would find the drain.

If the drain is small, you can try some diagnostics with a solid, fully charged battery. I'd get a good description of your skis component (manual would be ideal - I'd get the installation and users manuals) and see what you can do about a lockout etc.

Quick Reply: Skis replacment