3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

DTC B1BA8, using other scan tools other than starscan

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 09:13 PM
Jeremysp1993
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DTC B1BA8, using other scan tools other than starscan

At my tech school we have numerous obd2 scan tools. Truck sat for about 4 months with battery disconnected and now I have this code, found it when I turned truck on first time when I saw the pass seat srs was turned off as the dash told me. I didn't think too much of it until I replaced my clock spring today and that was the first time I hooked up scan tool for awhile. Code was not there prior to this week, clockspring has been bad for like 4 years, not related to the passenger side. However, it requires like a reconfiguration of the seat using specific weights that the dealer has. We don't have a starscan, we do have a drb3 but that doesn't work for canbus vehicles as I need to communicate to the ocm. We also have a snap-on modis, otc Genesis and an autel (and a tech 2 but that's gm). Will the snap-on modis possibly work on it? Anybody else had this issue? I'm gonna try to get a teacher to get the scan tool from dodge down the street.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:14 PM
Jeremysp1993
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm I guess we dont have any Mopar techs here.

Quick Reply: DTC B1BA8, using other scan tools other than starscan