3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

dual exhaust conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 06:19 PM
specwarrior75
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up dual exhaust conversion

I have a 2010 dodge Dakota big horn 4x4 4dr 3.6l with factory single exhaust. I want to convert to dual exhaust or dual pipes, but I'm having trouble finding parts or information. I did put in a Flowmaster 40 series muffler and left out the rear converter. Sounds good, but can be better. Can someone help with advice and/or website? Thanks1

Old 05-31-2015, 06:47 PM
colormeblue
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can try installing it with Dual Exhaust from MBRP Performance. You can order it from 4 Wheel Online. I have been reading good reviews about it.

Old 05-31-2015, 07:31 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

There are a few dual exhaust cat back systems. Magnaflow 16622, Flowmaster, MBRP, and I think Gibson too. Aluminum or stainless steel, angled or rear straight exits. There are choices.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:31 AM
italiandominator
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a V-6, then the result of getting dual exhaust is mostly going to give you a better sound vs any noticeable performance gains. That said, adding a true dual exhaust system is much more expensive than just adding a dual cat back system (single in, dual out). I found a few shops that did decent work and offered a good selection of pipes, whether you wanted aluminized or stainless pipes (depending on how much rust resistance you need). They had an off brand muffler that was supposed to sound just like a Magnaflow, but I opted for the real deal, along with stainless tips. In the end, I was happy with the result and was out the door for just under $500. The only thing that I'd like to do in the near future is cut out the section of Y-pipe where both the left and right pipes converge... The OEM pipes are simply crimped and squeezed together to it into the single inlet, instead of bevel cutting the pipes and welding them together. From what I've read, it's a little work, but will relieve some constriction at that junction. Other than that, the only other real difference would come from a less restricted intake (i.e. CAI).

Quick Reply: dual exhaust conversion