3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Something very strange for you gurus!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 12:50 AM
travle
Amateur
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Something very strange for you gurus!

My MIL has been on for a Cyl. 6 misfire and a random misfire. With Torque Pro I have noticed it's only at idle. I'm just going through everything I can so my next statement might be weird.

So i took the PCV Valve off to see how it was. Very big pain to get off. It seemed in good shape wasn't dirty, it rattled nicely, and there was a small amount of oil on the the crank side. To get it off I removed the plug on the EGR and Cylinder 4 Coil, vacuum line on the Brake Booster and Vapor Purge Valve. Oh, I also removed the Air Intake Temp Sensor for the heck of it and cleaned a small amount of dirt off.

The weird part is once I got everything back together and started my truck my MIL was off. I never removed the negative battery cable or cleared the fault codes with the Torque app. The service manual says 3 good trips must occur before the MIL will turn off for a Misfire condition. If I didn't reset the PCM how/why in the world would my MIL instantly turn off after doing the above????

Old 02-29-2016, 03:50 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

I have no earthly idea. The code will still be stored though.

Quick Reply: Something very strange for you gurus!