3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

2007 dakota driver side leak

Old 12-11-2017, 09:43 AM
The American76
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 dakota driver side leak

hey guys, new member here, ive used this site alot to help me with my 07 Dakota.

but im having issues with water, and now ice on the driver side carpet.

i have looked thru dozens of forums and havent found an acceptable answer

i peeled back the carpet on the driver side and found water coming in from a hole in the A column, the day after it rains the water draining from the windshield fills the cavity in the A column and floods my carpet. i thought it came from the windshield cowl, there was a hole covered by what looks like a canvas sticker, i glued and sealed the sticker and it seemed to help for a while but i just had about 48 hrs of light rail and snow and my floor mat was frozen to the carpet.

i think the windshield drain is clogged, causing the problem, but i cant find where it is.

if anyone can help id really appreciate it!

ps its not the A/C, i havent run the AC in about 2 months, thats why i created this thread, all the other ones were ac issues

Old 12-11-2017, 08:01 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

Read this thread, my issue was explained in post #23. It sounds like your issue is very similar to mine.

These leaks can be a bitch to figure out.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:53 PM
The American76
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dakotaff
Read this thread, my issue was explained in post #23. It sounds like your issue is very similar to mine.

These leaks can be a bitch to figure out.

Thanks!

I'll definitely check it out either tomorrow or this weekend, pretty frustrating since I thought I fixed the issue.

lol yes they are!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 dakota driver side leak