3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

ball joint question

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 10:31 AM
Jared Schei
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ball joint question

Hello everyone; I recently picked up a 2008 Laramie with about 90k miles on it. Overall, it is in great shape, but the ride seems very loose. Based on other threads, it looks like upgrading the shocks to Ranchos will help address that. It also looks like the ball joints and sway bar links are a common issue. My question is if there is an upgraded after market ball joint that holds up better than the stock parts. I didn't see any listed in the threads that I came across, but figured I would ask if there is a better product I should be using.

thanks

Old 12-12-2017, 11:07 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Moog. Welcome to the forum.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:59 AM
Jared Schei

Thanks...I take it Moog is the best option for all of the front end parts....sway bar links, ball joints, etc....I attached a picture of the truck...I plan to do some upgrades to it over the next few months....

Old 12-12-2017, 12:35 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Wow, that's in nice shape. They don't use salt on the roads there??

Old 12-12-2017, 03:44 PM
Jared Schei

I am in MN and we use a ton of salt, but it is a South Dakota truck that I came across, I assume they use salt as well, but I'm not sure....There is hardly any rust on the underbody, which is hard to believe on a truck that is pushing 10 years...the person who had it before me took great care of it....I am planning to get the front end and shocks taken care of, then change out the exhaust and cold air intake....not sure what to tackle after that...

Old 12-12-2017, 10:20 PM
DOINGITLARGE
Amateur

Nice truck dude! That chrome side moulding looks real good, might have to look into those myself.

Moog all all the way. Get greasable joints and buy a grease gun and grease and they will outlast the truck.

I recently posted a thread on Ranchos that should be floating near the top still, might find it useful...

GL

Quick Reply: ball joint question