3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

What Bedliner

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 06:38 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What Bedliner

They might as well make the whole truck out of Rhinolining then, or coat the coating with a new layer of paint!

-Matt-

Old 12-07-2005, 07:03 PM
pcheyne

I had the dealer install the linex spray in when I bought it. I was amazed at how good it looked when I got it. I haven't even put a cover over the bed yet (even though I really need to) because it looks so nice now. My truck is black too so color was not an issue.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Dakotahub

Anyone try the Herculiner?

Old 12-13-2005, 05:54 PM
sawfish
Professional

Thanks to everyone for their input. After discussing this topic with approximately 100 owners who had various trucks and liner types in a number of different states, I decided to go with the Pendaliner Skid Resistant drop in liner. My truck is silver so the black makes a nice contrast. Lifetime guarantee at about half the price of a spray-in liner.

One thing I learned from these discussions was that the long term success of the spray-in liners (irregardless of the brand) varied greatly with the care taken in the installation process. That factor coupled with the long term UV fade made me decide on the drop in liner.

Old 12-28-2005, 05:00 PM
SpeederMurdoch

I'll chime in, because I've had both Line-X(96 Ford F250) and Rhino(2000 Dodge Dakota). After experiencing both, I would prefer to have the Rhino in my just purchased 05 Dakota. The Rhino feels thicker, and tougher. After 2 weeks in the F250, the Line-X was starting to peel off the top of the tailgate. Line X just feels like rubber with sand mixed in. I'd go Rhino, and in my area Line-X was more expensive by about $30

Old 12-28-2005, 05:27 PM
73roadrunner
Captain

I just have some comments to add for any future tread hunters!

For staters I have not had any problems with my Rhino Liner since I had it put on and I have had great luck with it, however here are other things you should know:

I had a Rhino Liner installed back in 01 just 5 days after I bought the truck and here are some notes!

1. Check the installation places reputation. I have been told my liner was not applyed correctly but they can't do anything about it. The texture is wrong, I guess, It does look differnet then others I have seen, not as uniform as far as application rate.

2. Do not put any tonnau covers or caps on right after appliction if you choose to do over the rails!
One week after the Rhino Liner I insatalled a hard tonnoeau cover. Three years after and now it is one with the bed rail. I took off all six clamps and drove 82mph with the cover up and it still didn't budge!

3. 5 months ago thought the Rhino liner was peeling up when I pulled a Dryer of the bed. Went to the local retailer who told me the paint on my lift gate is coming up and the liner is fine. Went to Dodge they said the same thing and told me I was past my paint warrenty! (basically the paint failed before the Liner did!)

Just some points to think about!

Old 01-11-2006, 11:35 PM
Jesse2guns

My truck came with the under the rail plastic liner....that one went in the burn pile. I now have the Rhino liner spray in liner. My truck is the 05 Blue and the liner matches pretty damn good. The guy that sprayed it in said " Make sure you tell people how good the blue looks on the dodges". The Rhino liner is not as rough as the linex and seems like it will not allow stuff to slide around as easy.

Old 01-19-2006, 12:33 AM
ssenay
Rookie

Question about the Dakota EOM bed mat and tailgate cover: Do you have to drill to install the tailgate part? (this isnt the plastic liner but the rubber mat and tailgate cover im referring to)

Old 01-19-2006, 03:41 PM
snobrdrdan
Captain

The plastic cover, that matches the bedliner, that covers the tailgate right?????

No drilling, I believe. (Dealer put mine in though)
There should be plastic screws in your tailgate already (I think) and then those hold that tailgate piece in.

I don't know if those plastic screws come from the factory or not, but those are what hold the tailgate piece to the tailgate.
So if your truck has the plastic screws in the tailgate, then no drilling.

Old 01-19-2006, 07:22 PM
Glk21C
Professional

Reflex spray-in on my new 06

Rhino in my previous 2002

the REFLEX appeared to be a little "stickier" than the Rhino did, thus why I went with it.

Quick Reply: What Bedliner