3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

What Bedliner

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 02:32 PM
sawfish
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Bedliner

Finally broke down and bought a new 05 Dakota 4 x 4 Quad this past weekend. It is an SLT, but has pretty much the same equipment as a Laramie except for leather. I would have liked the Laramie option, but pickings are pretty slim this time of year, and 4 x 4, limited slip, towing pkg., and skid plates were must haves.

At any rate, I am debating between a spray in bedliner (i.e. Linex) and a drop in type. Does anyone have any opinion or comments on this, or if you have a factory bedliner, how well has it held up? Thanks.

Old 11-28-2005, 03:20 PM
sdsdsd
Captain
Default RE: What Bedliner

I have the factory under rail liner, no problems serves it purpose.

Old 11-28-2005, 05:12 PM
danpfay99
Rookie

I got the factory spray in (reflex) been good so far. Actually not factory dealer does it, cost 425.00 extra.

Old 11-28-2005, 09:34 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Does anyone have any opinion or comments on this, or if you have a factory bedliner, how well has it held up? Thanks.
Get a spray in Rhino liner. I've also heard that Linex does a fair job, but would still reccomend Rhino lining over Linex.

-Matt-

Old 11-28-2005, 09:43 PM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran

Getting a LineX liner this weekend.

Picked LineX over Rhino primarily because of the warranty. Rhino warranties are dealer specific and LineX has a Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Everyone has their own preference. [sm=signs003.gif]

Old 12-01-2005, 01:34 PM
tcv
Rookie

I have the factory under rail liner, which works perfectly well for what I need. I would go to the spray on liner if you do a lot of hauling, because the factory liner can trap unwanted dirt between the liner and the bed of the truck. One thing I learned with a drop in liner is to spray silicon spray between the liner and the bed of the truck periodically. This will help prolong the life of the paint, by reducing any friction between the liner and bed of the truck. Also it gives you cause to look under there and clean before applying the silicon spray.

Tom

Old 12-01-2005, 02:07 PM
Chainbanger

I have the factory installed under the rail bedliner. Haven't used it yet, as I just bought my truck last Saturday. However, one of the vehicles I sold before I got my Dakota was a 1991 Nissan P/U. The Nissan had a factory installed bedliner (over the rail), and when I sold the truck the paint underneath the bedliner was still in perfect shape. Over the years, I did lots of hauling in my Nissan and never had a problem. IMO an advantage the drop-in liner has over spray in, is that the plastic liner provides some friction reduction when slinging stuff into the bed, thus reducing the chance of denting the bed. With the experience I have had, I don't believe I'll ever get a truck with a spray in liner.

Old 12-01-2005, 05:16 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with the spray on. From what I've learned with Rhino is that their linings are slide free because of the material and Linex isn't. That's just what I've learned.

I had a over rail drop in and it seemed like it worked pretty good. With the spray-ons, you can now choose what color you want so it'll match your truck's color.

Old 12-01-2005, 05:30 PM
Chainbanger

Very good piont about color choices, wasn't an issue with me since my Dakota is black & the Nissan I had was Navy Blue (bought it at night, thought it was black...lol hell even the tag receipts say black). I'm slightly colored blind, as about 25% of males are. Only been a problem twice: 1st when I wanted to fly Apache's for the military (they wouldn't let me be a pilot, so I got out) & 2nd when I bought the Nissan.

Old 12-01-2005, 06:06 PM
2coff
Record Breaker

I have Rhion lining and love it. The non skid surface is great and I use that aspect more then any other. As far a denting, it's would take a great force to dent a Rhino lined bed, I saw the dealer hit a example bed at the shop with a hammer and nothing happened.

Quick Reply: What Bedliner