3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Tool Boxes for Quad Cab

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 12:45 AM
Chainbanger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tool Boxes for Quad Cab

Hi, just bought my first Dodge a '06 Quad Cab. I'm hating to lose the bed space, but I really need more storage (tools, camping gear, etc...), so I'm considerng buying a tool box for her.

Anyone got one? Got Pics?

I'm leaning towards getting a black aluminum box (black truck). I'm really undecided.

Old 12-13-2005, 05:40 PM
sawfish
Professional
Default RE: Tool Boxes for Quad Cab

Chainbanger,

I have not bought one yet, but I am getting my bedliner tomorrow, so I will be ready then. I looked at Delta tool chests on their website, and they show a chest that is level with the side rails that I think will be my choice. The gull wing design that fits over the side rails restricts visibility too mych for me. That is what is left of the visibility after those obnoxious headrests on the back seats! These boxes are available in silver or black aluminum diamondplate, and a similar box is available in white painted steel. I have not seen one in person yet, but am still looking.

Sawfish

Old 12-21-2005, 11:44 PM
Dagger213

for tool boxes. I have a weatherguard tool box on my ram. it sits on the siderails of the bed but they have ones that bolt through the bottom of the bed also.

Dont have pics yet but should after they new year.

Joe

Old 12-22-2005, 05:23 AM
gutted
Veteran

Here is a dumb question. How do these attach to the truck? Do they bolt in along the sides of the top of the bed? I've been looking at them on and off for a while, and was just curious. Thanks.

Old 12-22-2005, 04:38 PM
Chainbanger

I've seen some bolted through the bed rails & others use a device called a J-hook (I think), which allows the box to be mounted without drilling holes in the truck. I am going to go look at one for my truck tomorrow & see if I can get one that uses the J-hooks. I don't want to drill holes in a brand new truck.

Old 12-27-2005, 11:48 PM
sawfish
Professional

FYI, the part numbers for the Delta Champion diamondplate aluminum box that fits level with the top of the bed are 368000 for bright finish and 368002 for black. For some reason these do not come up on a search and you have to find them manually. List prices are $306 for bright and $352 for black. I am sure someone out there can beat that.

Old 12-28-2005, 03:21 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

Some do bolt on to holes that are already on the truck's bed frame.

-Matt-

Old 01-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Chainbanger

Finally got me a tool box for my truck. Black Lo-Pro Crossover box for $295.63 (after tax & installation). I got it here locally, it's made by UWS (United Welding Services) in Perry, FL.

I went ahead and let them screw the box to the bedrails. I heard them J-hooks will wiggle loose sometimes, so I felt more comfortable knowing the box would stay on the truck.

Quick Reply: Tool Boxes for Quad Cab