3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Newly used 2008 Dakota Laramie, no Uconnect

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 10:36 PM
philipat
Veteran
Received 48 Likes on 46 Posts

No worries. Glad to help.

Forgot to mention that accessing the satellite antenna isn't hard. You just need to lower the back of the headliner a bit. The two coat hooks are the primary points as I recall. Take them out and it should lower enough to get your hand in there and to see some. I have the sliding glass window. So, that made it easy to get to the antenna from the truck bed.

Old 05-07-2018, 11:38 AM
terpfan1980
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From my limited research so far, it looks like if I want to take advantage of Bluetooth streaming I would need the 430N or 730N radios. In my case, for my truck (2008), the Low speed version radios, not the high speed.

The 230 series doesn't apparently support Bluetooth streaming, though Infotainment may clear that up in a reply to my support question.

Either way, I'm now more inclined to be saving for a radio upgrade.

Thanks again on the tips for what to expect on the antenna. That is also helpful as it may push me over towards doing the 730N (single antenna connection). Then of course my next issue would be the need to make sure that I get the maps upgraded on the radio.

One last question if anyone happens to have any info here - when I was searching on the radios on eBay, I saw multiple mentions of "security codes" and needing same. What's the deal with that?

Old 05-07-2018, 11:42 AM
terpfan1980
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to keep the info here, it looks like what I would need would be either an RHB or RHR radio.

Old 05-07-2018, 03:00 PM
philipat
Veteran
Received 48 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by terpfan1980
Just to keep the info here, it looks like what I would need would be either an RHB or RHR radio.
Correct...one of those two radios. I recommend comparing them carefully, especially the GPS features. The RHR is the top end model. But, the RHB will do the job and it will replace the 230 but still need the Bluetooth phone module that you got. If you get the RHR, you'll be replacing both the radio and the Uconnect module, which you just bought. Might be some savings if you just get the RHB...just a thought.

The security codes are anti-theft codes. See the attached link for an explanation of when they started to appear. (https://www.infotainment.com/blogs/n...dios-explained)

Quick Reply: Newly used 2008 Dakota Laramie, no Uconnect