3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Rough Idle with no start.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 09:10 AM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Zombifyd
I will have a look at them before I start throwing money at it. Anyone have a wiring diagram and points out the grounds?

On a side note, I was poking around looking at the wiring the other day when I noticed a loose wire that seemed to be cut, which was taped to another wire that seems to be spliced into one of the injectors. After following the those two, the come out into the cab where the brake pedal is and they are both cut off right there. One wire is green and orange, the other white and black.
In the Dakota FSM, there are all of the wiring diagrams that you could ever want. The link is below above my Sig pic.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:18 PM
Zombifyd
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I ended up starting off small and cheap and purchased a new TPS and IAC. After a cleaning and install, my truck seems to be running smooth again at a constant 750 rpm (idle). Gonna take it for a quick test drive to see if it continues to give me a problem.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:17 AM
Seventime
Rookie

Originally Posted by Zombifyd
So I ended up starting off small and cheap and purchased a new TPS and IAC. After a cleaning and install, my truck seems to be running smooth again at a constant 750 rpm (idle). Gonna take it for a quick test drive to see if it continues to give me a problem.
whats the update on how the truck is performing?

Old 10-19-2018, 10:55 PM
Zombifyd
Professional

Let it run for a while in the morning and ended up driving to the hardware store for some items and it held strong. Not one sign of hesitation or surging. I will be keeping an eye on it as the days go on though.

Quick Reply: Rough Idle with no start.