3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Air Lifted

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 12:05 AM
pilotsmack
Professional
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Air Lifted

I got the Husky LP4 kit a while ago, but after watching Eric the Car Guy's air bag install, I got the bug and kept saving up. Ordered it last week, and got to play today. They advertise a 2 hour install, I took a little over 3, being a bit of a perfectionist with fitting, and then I had a hell of a time getting the bolts in on the drivers side, due to the electrical loom and brake line on the inside of the frame. Huge ride difference, especially with the Ranchos front and back. 1 inch of lift @ 35psi, and a firmer, but way more comfortable ride @ 20psi. Extremely happy so far!

Old 03-13-2021, 09:04 PM
philipat
Veteran
Received 48 Likes on 46 Posts

Very cool. Didn't know we had any airbag options other than Air Rites. Did you install a compressor with it? Or, just the springs?

Old 03-13-2021, 09:30 PM
pilotsmack
Professional
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Yup, the Air Lift 59555 kit. Usually goes for $500ish Canadian Pesos on eBay, the Amazon had it for $350 last week so I pulled the trigger. Besides a few spots that are tight quarters, install went pretty much per the instructions.

Didn't get the compressor... Yet. One day, when the Canadian federales let me have a thriving career again and the money is good, I might go down that road. I haul fairly infrequently, but it will be nice not to be bottomed out when I have a full load of wood or gravel back there.

And it cannot be overstated how much nicer the ride is. Experimented with 15psi on the way to work today, it even makes Calgary roads feel smooth, which I didn't think was possible.

Last edited by pilotsmack; 03-16-2021 at 10:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Air Lifted