3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Looking for Opinion on Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2022, 08:07 PM
Mitchp13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Opinion on Air Intake

I have an 2005 4.7. Was debating on adding an K&N air intake, however most everything I read is that people say its a waste of effort for the 4.7. I am not looking for a boost in overall performance but slowly tuning up small parts of the truck. Seems like a general consensus is that the K&N air intake is more show and noise in general, looking on opinions for either just replacing the standard air filter with a K&N or replacing the whole intake. Needing to replace the Throttle control and oil pressure sensor here shortly in the next month or two and was going to tackle the intake while I am at it. Looking to modify the exhaust and suspension sometime in the next year depending on extra cash flow.

Old 02-15-2022, 09:00 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

I had an Airaid system on my truck, and did not like the noise from the open airbox at all (Hated the noise!). I could not hear my awesome Borla cat back exhaust system as clearly as i liked. And I don't think it added anything to response at all.

x2JLUuD.jpg

I replaced the open airbox with the stock airbox, and stuck with the paper air filter. I Initially had a K&N drop in filter, but just went back to a paper filter for convenience. I kept the Airaid Modular Intake tube in place, looks like it flows better than the stock tubing.

Now i only hear the sweet exhaust system, oh yeah!

i9FwBp6.jpg

The following users liked this post:
jkeaton (02-16-2022)

Quick Reply: Looking for Opinion on Air Intake