3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Unusual FALSE CODE C1009 ??? need intellifix level help

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2023, 05:42 PM
migraine
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default still try to figure this out...

I took the front drivers tire off and no speed sensor, so I must only have one in the rear dif. I'm about to crawl under the truck and pull the rear sensor to at least clean it and then replace.
Funny thing is when I did a live monitor,while driving, the scanner showed wheel rpm on all four wheels and km/h on the left front and signal not available on the right front.
Head scratcher for me since it was the front left(driver's) tire I removed to look for the ABS mount. How do get RPM and km/h without a sensor on a RWD truck?
This is getting real old....
still waiting for the resistors to show up today.
Thanks, Again for your time.
Brian

Old 06-22-2023, 10:40 AM
Carlitos007
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure you confirm which type of setup you have in your truck, (based on how your truck was optioned from factory, whether all-wheel abs, which was an option on its own, or rear wheel abs, which was standard), as there might be different sensor configurations.
There is a link somewhere in this forum where you can plug in your VIN and it decodes your truck with all the options it came in.
On a side note, I posted a lot of parts for these trucks in the User Classifieds section for cheap, as when I purchased my truck, it came with these extra parts, and I have no immediate use for them. Some are even brand new.
Just check them out.

Thanks

Last edited by Carlitos007; 06-22-2023 at 10:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Unusual FALSE CODE C1009 ??? need intellifix level help