3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Please help 2011 Dakota won’t do anything

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2023, 01:53 PM
Aye13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help 2011 Dakota won’t do anything

It’s been over two weeks and I have tried everything I can think of to get truck going what initially happened was tbe alternator started going out while I was driving and died the battery had drained so I swapped batteries with a buddy of mine to try to make it to his house it wasn’t far I almost made it and it died again. When it died like a lot of dash lights were lit up and there was a red dot that I had never seen before and it staryed lit for a little while after the others went out and since then it has not turned over or cranked at all. New alternator , new battery , checked all fuses and relays tried to check wires for any shorts . All tbe lights and accessories come on but tbe second I turn the key ,NOTHING, there is no everidence of burnt anything at pcm. And I only got a single metal key when I bought tbe truck it worked fine until this I had a locksmith come out to program a key just to see if that was the issue but he could t get key to program l. PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP! I’m running out of money and this is my only ride and I’ve used up all my time at work bc I don’t hv a way to get there

Quick Reply: Please help 2011 Dakota won’t do anything