3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

2011 Dakota Please HELP! Truck won’t do anything

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2023, 06:24 PM
Aye13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Dakota Please HELP! Truck won’t do anything

2011 Dodge Dakota the alternator made my truck die and I swapped batteries with a buddy to try to make it back home but it died b4 I made it all tbe way and tbe dash pannel was all lit up and there was a red dot I had never seen before that came on and stayed lit for a while after other lights had gone out.but it faded too and hasn’t been back on so I got new alternator and battery the truck won’t turn over won’t crank just one click when I turn tbe key. All lights and accessories work. I can crank the starter from tbe relay but it won’t turn over I can turn on fuel pump from tbe relay but have no spark I, checked Al fuses and relays they all checked out fine. Tbe only key I have is a metal key it was all I got when bought tbe truck it worked fine until truck died I had locksmith come out and try to make transponder key just in case this was tbe problem but he coukdnt
program key . Idk what to do this is my only vehicle and I hv no more time I can take off work. Somebody please help

Quick Reply: 2011 Dakota Please HELP! Truck won’t do anything