3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Wanting Blue Head Lights Anybody Anybody

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 11:52 PM
Chad05
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting Blue Head Lights Anybody Anybody

I have a 2005 Dakota and i've seen other vehicles with blue head lights, some with really bright blue lights i've had them before just the ones i had in the past were'nt as bright as i've seen, i have been looking on the web and it seems nobody makes the 9008(H13) any help to hunt down blue bulbs would be appreciated or should i just get silverstars and changing them how is that job i know changing bulbs on the 2004 Dakota was pretty simple after you find the bolts lol, so are the 2004 & 2005 dakota's different or the same as far as changing the bulbs. So i hoping that somebody knows something.

Chad,

Old 01-16-2006, 12:02 AM
Glk21C
Professional
Default RE: Wanting Blue Head Lights Anybody Anybody

did you lose your owners manual already?? It states in it how to change the headlight bulbs and all the others too.

Old 01-16-2006, 02:17 AM
Chad05
Professional

Glk21c no!!! i didnt lose my manual i changed the bulbs in my 2004 Dakota 3,4 times was just wondering how easy or hard the 2005 Dakota was to change bulbs thats it! So why did you reply when you never helped. i mostly need help finding blue bulbs.i didnt say i didnt know how just wondered if anybody else has changed bulbs yet. Pay attention Glk21c!!!

Old 01-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Blu_Dak
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Glk21Cdid you lose your owners manual already??
Ouch[:@] Thank's for the help,Not!

What's the stock number on the Silversatrs,I'd like to get them as well.

Blu_

Old 01-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Glk21C
Professional

i know changing bulbs on the 2004 Dakota was pretty simple after you find the bolts lol, so are the 2004 & 2005 dakota's different or the same as far as changing the bulbs.

Sorry Chad, I stand by my statement. I am paying attention. Why would you ask if changing the bulbs is different between those two model years if you have your owners manual. You would already know the answer.

Good luck in the finding blue bulbs. I personally was looking for Silverstars for my 06 (H13), have yet to find them.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:33 AM
Glk21C
Professional

and I guess I'm not that brite as I still can't figure out how to do that stupid "quote" thing!!

Old 01-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Chad05
Professional

Dude look at the front ends of the 04 and 05 there totally different thats not a dumb question asking around about changing bulbs on the dakota's, i have'nt even been concerned about changing bulbs or doin anything to my truck till now, then i found this friendly site, then i was like i'll just ask these nice people and see what kind of answer's i get, if i knew i had to deal with glk21c then i would of said my question's were off limits to you, i dont need your shiznit LOL J/K, i looked last night under the hood at the headlight assembly, the setup is the same the bolts are different but it still looks easy to change, and the fogs are very simple just gotta lay down and get under neath the beast.

2005 Dakota Laramie 3.7 V6 Loooaaaddded

Chad,

Old 02-16-2006, 03:47 PM
HemiR6

I am looking into getting these since they aren't going to make silverstars for dakotas.

http://www.luminicsbulbs.com/luminic...e96b89f992e5e3

This company has great customer service and products from reading other forums, and the owner Scott is helpful if you have any questions

Old 02-16-2006, 04:45 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Our sponsor, Kryptonbulbs, sells a very similar bulb. These are stamped DOT approved. They're only $12.99 a set.

You can visit his site at Krypton Bulbs. I've bought bulbs from there and they were shipped to me relatively quickly. I spent $35 and got both my fog lights and my head lights replaced. I can tell you that these are indeed stamped DOT right on the bulb, which makes them street legal.

However, please note, most of these bright blue or bright purple bulbs your seeing in these other cars are not a light bulb. They are High Intensity Discharge lights or H.I.D. lights. These are not the same as a traditional car/truck bulb. These utilize a complete gas mixture and they are 2-3 times as bright as any traditional bulb is.

They're also super expensive to purchase. The average conversion kit to H.I.D.'s is roughly $350-500...depending on where you buy, the brand you buy, and what vehicle you are buying them for.

Switching to a blue bulb will not make your car look like some of the Lexus/Mercedes car's you see on the streets. You will have a normal bulb which will be noticably brighter, but not as bright as those.

Old 02-16-2006, 07:17 PM
pcheyne

Hey, I went to that site but couldn't figure out how to find the right foglights for my 05 Dak.
When I went to the guide it listed every other conceivalble light on my truck except the fog lights. Am I missing something?
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Wanting Blue Head Lights Anybody Anybody