3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

My dak CC

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 07:47 PM
WorrGames
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My dak CC

Well its a base model, but for a 17 year old running 2 jobs, its my baby :-)
some specs is I got it new from a dealership as a left-over. They wanted to make room for the 06's.
Its a ST, 4x4, towing package, 4.7 V8
Its white ... beggers cant be choosers
Again I love my truck, and I plan to do so much to it, as soon as I find some money. Maybe I should rob a bank or something legal
:-P

Oh by the way, its Mid January in CT, Cold, Snowy, and dark. So its hard to get a good picture...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 01-25-2006, 08:57 PM
snobrdrdan
Captain
Default RE: My dak CC

Welcome!
Nice truck

Here's a cheap mod you might wanna look at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 01-25-2006, 09:02 PM
FONTANA MOTORSPORTS
Professional

where in connecticut? im in danbury....

Old 01-25-2006, 09:10 PM
Blu_Dak
Veteran

White isn't that bad of a color, it can hide all kinds of stuff like swirls & scratches it's pretty forgiving,BTW my last truck was white!Congrats on the new truck,Im sure you'll make it into what you want,heck I wish I could afford a new truck when I was 17 ; )

Welcome to the site & best of luck with it!

Blu_

Old 01-26-2006, 12:57 AM
WorrGames
Professional

Thanks guys I appreciate it, yeah I do love it so :-)

and Fontana, I live in Woodbridge right now, just moved from bethany. I go to school in New Haven, and plan on going to Southern for college.

Oh BTW, does anybody know where I can get a pre-painted bumper for my truck? I think the flat-ish black bumper on the front makes it look a little cheap, or just doesnt fit well. I would love to get a pre-painted white bumper on there. Ive been searching but had no luck so far.

Old 01-26-2006, 03:56 PM
snobrdrdan
Captain

Did you check out the ebay link I posted???

It was a link to chrome "wheel skins" for your truck. They go right over the factory wheels....easy add on, and makes your wheels look like chrome for under $100....I think it'd be worth it.

And as far as a painted bumper......you'd have to find one in a junkyard, which would be difficult for such a new truck. You can't get the bumper painted already from Mopar/Dodge dealer. It comes primered and then you'd have to get it painted somewhere else.

And like Blu_Dak said...white isn't that bad. The only problem is that sometimes you might see rust speckles develop on the paint that they call "rail dust" from when the trucks were shipping on the train. Very common on white colored vehicles for whatever reason.
To get them off you have to use some polishing compound & polishing wheel (not a buffer).

Old 01-26-2006, 10:13 PM
WorrGames
Professional

Yeah those chrome wheel covers do look pretty nice, it would probably be a good substitution for now, untill i get a different set of alloys or something. And that sucks about the bumper, but would I be able to order the primered version of the bumper from mopar/dodge dealer?

anyways heres some more pictures, I got them during daylight :-P

Old 01-27-2006, 03:34 AM
PEPPERHEAD
Professional

Welcome aboard man. 17, new truck, and holding two jobs! Way to go. Hope you enjoy your new ride.

TASTE THE HEAT AND ENJOY THE PAIN

Old 01-27-2006, 04:22 AM
snobrdrdan
Captain

Yes you can get the primered bumper for your truck from your Dodge dealer. I think it's like around $225-300? or something...I forget.
The cost for painting it would be the expensive part.

BUT...it might have the holes cut out for the fog lights already since the models that come with the painted bumper have fog lights. So you might just have open holes (since you don't have fog lights).

Or you could buy the Mopar fog light (add-on) kit for your truck.

Oh and as for wheels....you'll find out that you are pretty limited for choices....bolt pattern is 5x5.5

Same bolt pattern as the Rams & newer Durangos (2004-2006) though. So if you can find a set of larger OEM rims....that could be cheap upgrade. Like the 2006 Ram 20" wheels are SUPER sweet. And the 2006 Durango Limiteds come with 18" wheels now.

SRT-10 Ram wheels are REALLY NICE, but $$$$

Old 01-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Chainbanger

ORIGINAL: snobrdrdan

Like the 2006 Ram 20" wheels are SUPER sweet.

Went to the dealership yesterday for an oil change & saw them '06 Ram 20s, drooled all over them. Those would deffinately look good on my ST, but I'm thinking I may stay with 16", (use same tires, better gas mileage than a bigger rim, & won't have to reprogram the computer) when I get some chrome wheels.