3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

New Development - Heads Up!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 07:22 PM
WorrGames
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Development - Heads Up!

Wow, that is wierd, and yeah it sucks. Go for the new dak. Any news about a reply?

Old 01-31-2006, 09:13 PM
newark

I just got a call from my mother. The dealership is refusing to give us either a new engine or a replacement truck because we didn't buy the truck from them. We bought the truck from a dealership in Antioch. She is now speaking with Chris, a sales manager at Michael Stead.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:41 PM
newark

My mother spoke with the people at the Antioch dealership. They have been in contact with the factory rep. (Which begs the question, why couldn't Stead get in touch with the rep? Both dealerships are in the same county.)

Stead's only proposal - a rebuilt engine. My mother refused.

My mother has issued a deadline. She wants a resolution by tomorrow. We are actively considering canceling the sale. As she put it - if this is not solved, Dodge can shove the truck.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:29 PM
newark

Michael Stead has reversed their position. They will now offer us the truck with a new engine. The engine should take a week to get here.

Old 02-01-2006, 12:42 AM
FONTANA MOTORSPORTS
Professional

man now it gets tricky...they could put a rebuilt in there and more than likely you couldnt physicaly tell the difference......so how will you know its a completly new and not a reman? and what if they put in the non HO ...MAN THAT COULD SUCK...I WOULD DEFINATLY ASK TO SEE THE REPLACEMENT MOTOR BEFORE IT GOES IN THE TRUCK....one of the main and realy only external difference between the HO and non HO is the front harmonic balancer/ puley assembly (due to the forged crank) if this crank balancer doesnt look exactly the same its a non HO MOTOR.... I hope the best for you! take some pics of your under hood before they work on it and the underside and /or any part # tags on the engine assembly, to make sure they dont try to pull a fast one!

Old 02-01-2006, 01:47 AM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is it with these dealerships now? Do they think that they make so much money that they don't need to give better customer service? They need to have a reality check.

Quick Reply: New Development - Heads Up!