3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

More exhaust Q's wahoo

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 06:00 PM
WorrGames
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More exhaust Q's wahoo

Ok, heres another question for you. How much money would it be to create my own custom exhaust for my truck, instead of buying a bolt-on.

The thing is theres not too many exhaust options for the gen3 dak, so I was thinking of making my own exhaust. *buy the muffler, bend my own pipes etc*

But what would be more expensive, making my own, or buying a pre-fabricated one.

Old 02-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Drakkon
Professional
Default RE: More exhaust Q's wahoo

Gauging price is just way too hard because each shop can be so different. I've been quoted anywhere from $150 all the way up to $600 depending on options locally ...its just to hard to say imho....if you go with a single muffler and have aluminum pipes bent done locally it will be under $200 i imagine, if you go all out for dual flowmaster 80's and have stainless steel with an x pipe it can go up to $500. The key is to CALL AROUND locally and see what the best price you can get and who the best quality is (check your states BBB usually they have them online, and if their are any claims against them usually not a good sign for starters).

Old 02-04-2006, 08:16 AM
snobrdrdan
Captain
Default RE: More exhaust Q's wahoo

Flowmaster exhaust for $228 from Summit Racing

I posted all about it in this thread:
https://dodgeforum.com/m_373310/tm.htm

Quick Reply: More exhaust Q's wahoo