3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

"spare" fuse/relay areas in fuse box

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Drakkon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "spare" fuse/relay areas in fuse box

I was poking around in fusebox this morning and was going to the "spare" positions in the fusebox. Specifically positions 67&76. I got a project taht requires a relay, if i can just pop a relay into those and run a wire for 12V power out (only when truck is "on") it would be cool cause then i wouldnt have to have another wiring running to the battery and jerryrigging an acc lead like i did for my amp.
The the spare fuse areas (specifically 30/31) is there any power running to those or are they just spots you can hook a fuse to run a line from that would be like being inline to the battery?

Old 02-27-2009, 09:27 AM
bluejeeptowrig
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default from waaaaay back

did you ever get this figured out? I'm looking at using a 'spare' position for the relay for the driving lights I've added. But I can't see where to connect the wires? Mine is 05 Dakota. I do have the factory service manual with all the wiring diagrams, and it mentions those open spare spots are for user added options, but HOW!!!????

Quick Reply: "spare" fuse/relay areas in fuse box