3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 01:24 PM
Jagged1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Headers

I'm not positive and have never seen any dyno numbers to back it up, but many discussions I've seen on the 4.7 and headers seem to gain little benefit.
They always seem to imply that the exhaust manifold is very good at doing its job and leaves very little room to improve...

I could be wrong and was looking to put on headers myself, but I haven't been convinced it will be worth it.
That's a good bit of money to play guinnea pig for me... Has anyone seen a dyno result on the upgrade?

Well I didn't mean to swipe this thread, but I was just wondering if the gains were worth it or even measurable.
The obvious other benefits of headers might be worth it like sound and appearance under the hood but I am still unsure of performance benefits.q

Old 04-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Silver HO

ORIGINAL: Jagged1

I could be wrong and was looking to put on headers myself, but I haven't been convinced it will be worth it.
That's a good bit of money to play guinnea pig for me...
I agree 100%, and just wanted to add even the guys that have the 5.7 or 6.1 HEMI engine aren't seeing any improvements as far as performance after installing long tubes, due to not being able to get a good dyno TUNE. Finding someone that has the software and the skill to be able to tune these chrysler P.C.M's is the key to unlock any hidden performance they may have.
Until then I'll be stock

Old 05-04-2006, 01:58 AM
bbcdon

I just ordered jba shorties with the silver coating today from summit racing.

Quick Reply: Headers