3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Dana Trac Loc

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 09:17 PM
SilverDakotaDriver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dana Trac Loc

Any Dodge service gurus on here? If so, can anyone tell me if it's possible to install a Dana Trac Loc LSD device on an '05 CC with an open differential? I've been informed that the Dana Trac Loc is what Dodge uses on all Daks that are factory equipped with the LSD rear end. Would there be any additional parts needed besides the Trac Loc device itself? Obviously if you take the rear end cover off, a new gasket and and a refill of the fluid would be required, but would anything else be needed? Thanks.

Old 05-06-2006, 06:23 AM
snobrdrdan
Captain
Default RE: Dana Trac Loc

I just had one put in my truck back in January or February.....I don't remember the date exactly.

My truck only had 3,000 miles when they did it and it was only 3 months old. Changed from a 3.55 open to a 4.10 with a LSD (Dana Trac-Lock).

Had a Ring & Pinion shop do it....I can't remember but I think it was $300....I have the receipt at home. But they just reused all the stock parts (bearings)
Added new oil, some friction modifier, & RTV or a gasket when they put the diff. cover back on. Those were the only extra parts needed I believe.

I got the 4.10 Motive Gears off ebay for like $190 SHIPPED and then $265 SHIPPED for the Dana LSD & friction modifier from www.4wheelparts.com

hope that helps

Old 05-06-2006, 06:31 AM
snobrdrdan
Captain
Default RE: Dana Trac Loc

P.S.

If you're shopping for the LSD online......every place I went to had advertised it for like ~$200-230 for the 9.25 Dodge axle

Then when I would call & see if they had it in stock......I found out that that price was for the old Dana part number & that a new one superceded it and the new one was around $300 or more
(supposedly beefier clutchpacks or something the guy at 4wheelparts.com told me)

If you go on www.4wheelparts.com they have it MSRP of $305.99 & they're selling it for $295.99

I got the $265 SHIPPED price because they had the old part's price listed on their website....lucky me, I guess...lol

Correct part number you need (for a 9.25 axle) is 80754

Quick Reply: Dana Trac Loc