3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

removing windshield wiper

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 05:49 PM
porter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removing windshield wiper

Hey yall. I just signed up today while I was looking for answers as to how to get the windshield wiper arms off of their axles. Somebody ripped the arm off the right side of my truck and all that is left is about 2 inches of metal that spins when the wipers are on. Since I can't get that piece off, I obviously can't replace it with a new one. Its a 2005 quad cab V8 and Im trying to fix it myself to save some money. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Old 05-13-2006, 12:18 AM
StratDak
Default RE: removing windshield wiper

And the end of the wiper arm (the pivot point) there is a cap. Flip up the cap and underneith is a bolt. Loosen the bolt and the arm should come right off.

Old 05-14-2006, 12:13 AM
porter

yeah i got that far, but the thing is stuck on there. I tried knockin it off (gently) with a hammer, twisting it off (by hand, pipe, and two wrenches), and prying it off with a screwdriver. Is there some kind of pin on the underside of hole or something?

Old 05-25-2006, 04:27 PM
porter

Well I got it off with a pully my dad had. Turns out its just on there real tight. Put it back on with a dead blow too. Its one of those things I should've thought of...

Quick Reply: removing windshield wiper