3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

painted grill shell

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 11:41 PM
white26golf
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default painted grill shell

Does anyone know the part number for the black painted grill shell from the dealer(and Price if known). looking to replace mine and install a billet grill.

Old 05-20-2006, 03:34 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: painted grill shell

i installed a grill 4 you billet grille im my o5 dak. had to cut out the black plastic. grill was easy to install. cut out plastic pieces line up new grille drill 8 small holes and pop rivet new grille in.

Old 05-20-2006, 07:34 AM
snobrdrdan
Captain

I'm gonna assume that he has the chrome grille right now, & wants to change that out for a painted grille & then add a billet grille to the painted grille shell

Just get the part number from your dealer & then go to www.dodgeparts.com or www.makeitmopar.com & get it from them for cheaper
Or just call up one of those websites & tell them what you want

From MANY MANY past experiences, it helps if you have a VIN number off a truck with the part that you're looking for. So if you want a painted black grille.......go on ebay and get a VIN # from a truck that has one or even a VIN # off a new truck on your Dodge dealer's lot. That way.....they'll look up that VIN & you'll get that exact grille that was on the truck.....it's error proof that way.

If they look it up & can't tell the color code or something stupid....you'll get the wrong color grille.

Old 05-20-2006, 02:38 PM
white26golf
Veteran

yeah, i've been to dodgeparts.com and couldn't figure out which one was the one I wanted. And your right I never go to the dealer for anything unless I have to, way to expensive. They wanted to charge me 150 bucks to reprogram my computer to run factory fog lamps after I installed them!

Old 05-21-2006, 04:32 AM
snobrdrdan
Captain

Right.....on the www.dodgeparts.com website they just list codes and obviously you & I & everyone else don't know what they mean

Like I said.....go to your dealer for the part number (sometimes they're ****** about giving it out assuming you'll go elsewhere) and then just order it from somewhere else

Or just call them (your dealer) up & see what code a black painted grille would have

Or like I said....get a VIN # from a black Dakota with the sport package & call up www.dodgeparts.com with the VIN # and tell them you wanna order a new grille......they'll pull up everything that comes on that truck (from the factory) with that VIN # and you'll get the painted grille.....it'll work out!

hope that helps

Quick Reply: painted grill shell