3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

ATTENTION READ THIS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 04:14 AM
Chad05
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTENTION READ THIS!!!

Well first here were all my problems with the new 05,warped rotors, lights were comin on,vibration when breaking,ratteling suspension parts,sticky center counsel button and sometimes engine studdering but no codes came up or were found for that,so If any of you guys out there are having braking problems or you hear metal rattling,clanking or any unusual sounds coming from suspension,or any problems i mentioned take it in and get everything checked out,I KNOW THIS IS ALL COMMON SENSE STUFF JUST HAD TO SAY IT LOL and i know most everybody knows about all the breaking problems are dakota's are having,funny thing i was over warranty on my brakes, but for some reason chrysler paid for it i only had to pay 50 bucks lucky me,considering it would of been 400+ if i had to pay for it,i got 2 new front rotors with that deal,ALSO THERE IS A SERVICE BULLETIN ON THE REAR END CONCERNING THE DRUMS AND AXEL'S,THEY CHECKED THAT OUT ALSO,and now to my rattleing and clanking,YEAH NO MORE RATTLEING AND CLANKING, ONE OF MY SWAY BAR LINKS WAS CRACKED AND ALSO MY PASSENGER SIDE TIE ROD WAS LOOSE BUT NOT SEPERATED AND WHO KNOWS HOW LONG I DROVE ON THAT BAD TIE ROD, FUNNY THING IS I HAD THE TRUCK IN THERE BEFORE,THEY CHECKED ALL THE SUSPENSION OUT AND SAID THERE WERE NO PROBLEMS AND THIS WHOLE TIME I THOUGHT IT WAS IN THE REAR LEAFS AND OTHER PARTS,THE RATTLING WAS BAD IT ALMOST SOUNDED LIKE I NEEDED A WHOLE NEW SUSPENSION, its like problem after problem i was about ready to drive it off a cliff and call it quits with dodge,tell them come and get it, let's see you fix the problems now, you know i wanna see those punks who built the dakota's and tell them they dont deserve the money ther makin, and also chrysler what were they thinkin they use junk parts and you get a peice of crap truck,i mean come on this is not a neon,sorry neon owners but you all are at that bottom of the list,over and out!!!

Old 06-30-2006, 06:27 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: ATTENTION READ THIS!!!

wow thats odd. i have and 05 dakota that i beat the snot out of every day. have no problems at all. she keeps screaming for more. truck pulls hard off the line right to redline shifts hard and keeps on going. tops out at 118.0 mph. am i the only one that has a decent dakota. or what?

Old 06-30-2006, 08:45 PM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran

I bought mine used (11K on the clock).

Don't know how it worked for the previous owner, but I have had no majors problems at all. There was a very small transmission leak, but the dealer fixed that under warranty.

Ummm, I can't really think of anthing else...

Old 06-30-2006, 11:39 PM
sbenja2003

My 05 has had no problems at all. Im getting ready to take it on a 2700mi road trip hopefully there wont be any problems.

Old 07-01-2006, 01:47 AM
SRT4x4
Rookie

Bought my 05 used.. Had for almost three weeks now... driven from OK CITY To WICHITA 6 times round trip plus the local miles I put on the ticker and she drives like a champ!

Old 07-01-2006, 03:03 AM
white26golf
Veteran

My truck rens great too. Although I am taking it in this Monday for the Brakes TSB. It isn't that bad, just don't want it to turn into a bigger problem later.

Old 07-02-2006, 01:02 AM
QCDAKblue
Veteran

Maybe it is an 05 thing (hopefully) but the 06 has no changes and mine it running great. Mine is really smooth and brakes feel perfect. I have been towing 2 800lbs+ jets skis all over. I am really pleased!

Old 07-07-2006, 08:21 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had small minor things with mine. But from that, I've put on 25+ thousand miles and most of it has been with the hiway, and I still haven't had a probs. Whatever it was, my dealership fixed it without question and without extra money. I'm very sorry to hear that you've had some issues with yours.

Good luck with it.

Quick Reply: ATTENTION READ THIS!!!