3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Custom Sub Box

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 04:34 AM
ccaspanello
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Sub Box

I found this sub box for $119, seems reasonable. However, do you think it will fit in the 2006 Dakota?
http://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/1164

Also, I saw that Frenchy took out the grey plastic wall in one of his mods. Anyone know how to get to that? If I get this sub box, I will need to find a place to anchor it to the back wall. Thanks in advance for the help.

Chris

Old 08-08-2006, 04:48 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Custom Sub Box

how to get it out?

Simple, you have the CC I take it...

Grab ahold of the top seat section.. pull... repeat with other side... now you are left with a wall... and some other things attached to it... unattach the things that are bolted on, and pull again. Whammo. Wall gone.

:-)

Old 08-08-2006, 05:33 AM
ccaspanello

I have the club cab....but without seats. What do I pull on exactly, I'm affriad to break anything.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:30 PM
Frenchy
Banned

Ugh... without seats hey?

Let me either find some pics.. or have someone else chime in here.

Ok, all I did was grab on one end and pull... pull hard. Everything on this trck is held on by snaps. So nothing should break.

Since you don't have the rear seats, can you do me a favor, and take a picture of the plastic panels that are between the rear window and the rear door... like, where a seatbelt would usually go? I want to see how this looks, cuz I will prolly need those plastic parts. :-P

Old 08-08-2006, 12:50 PM
tasmanohio
Professional

Anyone know of a sub box for a 4 door?

Old 08-08-2006, 01:07 PM
Frenchy
Banned

The one by Q-Logic... or maybe it was a Thunderform.

It says it's for the pre-04s. Look on here somewhere.

snobrdrdan has one in his QC. Fit his fine. Maybe PM him, he is rarely on though.

Old 08-08-2006, 06:44 PM
ccaspanello

I've unsnapped the side panels (where the seatbelt would be). They seem to be the same as the CC with seats. They put two plastic covers where the belt comes out of and a circular plug where the top belt bracket mounts. You can probably get these parts from the deal for $10. I haven't yet pulled out the back wall. The snaps are a little different. Instead of a metal clip they are round plastic cicular snaps. I pulled one out and the "teeth" bent a little. I'm going to look for replacement snaps before I go further. Thanks for the help man. Peace Out.

Old 08-10-2006, 06:36 PM
snobrdrdan
Captain

ORIGINAL: Frenchy

The one by Q-Logic... or maybe it was a Thunderform.

It says it's for the pre-04s. Look on here somewhere.

snobrdrdan has one in his QC. Fit his fine. Maybe PM him, he is rarely on though.

LOL....only because summer came around

Winter is boring so I would be on here all the time

But yeah the Thunderform for the Quad Cabs will fit ALL Dakotas.....as a matter of fact I'm going to be selling mine!!

Old 08-11-2006, 02:15 AM
PEPPERHEAD
Professional

Some advice on that box. !st find out what the volume is for each chamber. Then determine what subs will work with that air space. You don't want to put subs that need a lot of space in too small a box. Or subs for small box into a large box. Also depends on what your are looking for-SQ or SPL or SQL. Also before I dropped subs in there I would seal all the inside seams of that thing. Do not trust the manufacture has sealed that thing properly. Even put caulk around the lip of the terminal cup. Nothing will make your subs sound like crap quicker than a leaky box. What does the rest of your system consist of? You doing a new HU, speakers, amp(s)? Just curious. Good luck with the install and post a pic or 2 when it's done.

TASTE THE HEAT AND ENJOY THE PAIN

Quick Reply: Custom Sub Box