3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

programming courtesy lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 10:40 PM
extremis
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default programming courtesy lights

Does anyone know how to program the courtesy headlights? I hate having the low beams turn on when I unlock the truck with the remote. It never did this before I had service work done. I guess they flashed it with a new rev, and this is the new default setting.
I know when I had an 03 Liberty, you could use the remote and different combos of buttons would change the lock programming etc. The Dak has some ofthese options listed in the manual... just not the unlock lights.

Anyways, any help would be great.
Thanks!

2005 Dakota SLT Quad 4x4 4.7L

Old 08-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Chad05
Professional
Default RE: programming courtesy lights

That's funny my turn signal's in front flash when i unlock my truck and the rear brake light's and my cargo dome light come's on, you sure it's not your turn signal's flashing, i'm sure there will be some kind of device that will program certain thing's on the dakota, beside's that chip programmer.

Old 08-12-2006, 02:36 AM
sstreckfuss

I got a dodge ram pamphlet with my dak describing how to alter those settings by messing with the key switch or something but I can't seem to find it. Anybody still have theirs they could scan for this man?

Old 08-12-2006, 02:50 AM
extremis
Professional

Yes, the signals flash and the dome light comes on. As well though, the low beam headlights (no markers) comes onn as well. These are a "courtesy" so you can see in your garage or whatever. They shut off after a minute or 3. My Liberty did this as well... but I remember the manual had a procedure with the remote fob that would allow you to program this off. My Dak manual does not include this... only the procedure to disable auto-lock at 20km/h and to make it unlock all doors at once instead of drivers only.

I know the info's out there somewhere, the Jeeps do it.. and I believe those with the overhead console can do it through that as well.

Thanks guys.

Old 08-12-2006, 03:12 AM
graythang
Record Breaker

Nope, the overhead consoles on the Daks are very limited compared to the Jeeps and the Rams. I rented a Commander and you wouldn't believe the menu and things you can do just with the buttons. You can even turn on DRLs and have the headlights come on with the wipers, That would be a great thing to have on my Dak since it's law here in FL.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:41 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

my 05 has the courtesy system. i kinda like it. head lights stay on untill i start truck. there is a 8 min battery saver in the truck. if i turn off truck with the lights on then turn off my headlights they will stay on for eight minutes then turn themselves off.

Quick Reply: programming courtesy lights