3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

T'stat/Performance Improvement

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Daves05Dakota
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T'stat/Performance Improvement

I think superdak05 is full of it, he talks all day long about all these mods he has and never posts any pics or anything to backup what he says.
I'm calling Bull****.

D05D

Old 09-29-2006, 04:15 AM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whats with the unnecessary stab? just lookin for some help...no need to kill the messenger. if he wants to pretend let him, fact is he's answering my questions, go fight somewhere else

Old 09-29-2006, 04:59 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

wow another disgruntal dak owner. this weekend i will update all my bull#### and down load all my pics, of all my mods.

Old 09-29-2006, 08:44 AM
Daves05Dakota

ORIGINAL: superdak05

wow another disgruntal dak owner. this weekend i will update all my bull#### and down load all my pics, of all my mods.
LOL,.. [sm=alcoholic.gif] Why not upload just one or two pics now instead of all of them this weekend??
Kinda Strange don't ya think? [sm=bustedsign.gif]

D05D

Old 09-29-2006, 01:59 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i only have pics of the exterior of my truck. never thought of taking pics of my upgrades untill people started asking.

Old 09-29-2006, 02:13 PM
Daves05Dakota

ORIGINAL: superdak05

i only have pics of the exterior of my truck. never thought of taking pics of my upgrades untill people started asking.

LOL [sm=wtf.gif]

Lets See an Exterior Shot of your Dual Exhaust or "Havent you done that yet"?. Hell just run out side, Snap a couple pics. Your Jet Chip is Right there out in the open and so is your Intake and Exhaust.

Just Run outside and Snap a few pics Bing, Bamm, Boom. Takes 2 minute tops i would think.
I'll Bet Someone $50 via Paypal that you aint got nothing near what you say you have.

Old 09-29-2006, 02:18 PM
regandon
Professional

Daves05Dakota,

I am new here, and I will post some pics as soon as I get mine back from the dealership today. I think it is a good idea to show off your ride.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

trucky,

I have the 77 series K&N, and I have also bought the FlowMaster system and have it come out the rear. When I had put the K&N system on my truck, I did notice an improvment. But the most improment was when the FlowMaster was installed. I live in a raceing town in upstate NY (Oswego), and there are many motor builders in this town. I have had more than one state that a Jet II chip would helpout with perfomance. They have also stated that the 180Tstat is a good idea if you plan on running your truck hard. But, the big thing is, do as the manufactuer states. If Jet states run a 180 tsat, than do it. I would recomend a Paxton if you plan on realy running your truck. Mine is on its way. Before the Paxton is put on I will have a cam job and the lower end done. You only live once, so have fun with your ride. If you must race than go to the track, keep the racing off the streets.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

06 Dakota QC 4.7L V-8
K&N 77 series
FlowMaster

Old 09-29-2006, 02:30 PM
Daves05Dakota

ORIGINAL: regandon

Daves05Dakota,

I am new here, and I will post some pics as soon as I get mine back from the dealership today. I think it is a good idea to show off your ride.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

trucky,

I have the 77 series K&N, and I have also bought the FlowMaster system and have it come out the rear. When I had put the K&N system on my truck, I did notice an improvment. But the most improment was when the FlowMaster was installed. I live in a raceing town in upstate NY (Oswego), and there are many motor builders in this town. I have had more than one state that a Jet II chip would helpout with perfomance. They have also stated that the 180Tstat is a good idea if you plan on running your truck hard. But, the big thing is, do as the manufactuer states. If Jet states run a 180 tsat, than do it. I would recomend a Paxton if you plan on realy running your truck. Mine is on its way. Before the Paxton is put on I will have a cam job and the lower end done. You only live once, so have fun with your ride. If you must race than go to the track, keep the racing off the streets.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

06 Dakota QC 4.7L V-8
K&N 77 series
FlowMaster

Exactly! Why wouldnt anyone take pics of upgrades they have done?

Old 09-29-2006, 02:59 PM
lil
Captain

Daves05Dakota can we all see pictures of your mods or even just the Dakota you "say" you have......oh and we would like you standing in the pictures so we can see it is you holding today's news paper, photo ID, dmv registration and a note from your mom.....HEHE

Old 09-29-2006, 03:17 PM
regandon
Professional

lil,

I think I know were this is heading to. I just checked and seen that Daves05Dakota lists no name or state of were he is from. He may be from the other forum that superdak05 posts on alot. I see on that forum too that superdak05 when asked by others to show his stuff, he seems to come up with many reason why he can't. Oh well, to each their own.

Daves05Dakota,

I do not think you have to hide yourself from the membership man. It does make you look out of place asking a question to someone that does show their name and State were their from.

Quick Reply: T'stat/Performance Improvement