3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Anyway to Make Miles Stop, Got a Lease

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 02:54 PM
DakotaLee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyway to Make Miles Stop, Got a Lease

Anyway I can pull a fuse or something to kill them, I've heard of toggle switch and **** but it kill speedmeter too have a lease and can only get a lousy 15,000 a year

Old 09-21-2006, 03:25 PM
QCDAKblue
Veteran
Default RE: Anyway to Make Miles Stop, Got a Lease

Besides it is illegel to do that I dont think you can. I know on other makes of vehicles the miliage is stored in 2 different places and have to match unless documented there was a change such as computer or guage cluster. Since it was new I would opt for more miles, or not to sound like a smart *** dont drive it. I had a Grand-am that was leased and the speed sensor went out, car drove fine but didnt have speedometer and I noticed the miliage wasnt moving either. The deaer fixed it but had to add something to the car saying the computer had x amount of miles and the cluster had a few hundred less so I didnt get accused of tampering with it. I suggest you leave it alone.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:37 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

what we use to do with are rentals was put vechicle on jackstands and run car/truck in reverse. put a bungy cord to the coil wire that way if vechicle fell off jack stands and moved. bungy would pull coil wire and kill motor.. no damage and fewer miles to pay for.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:51 AM
lil
Captain

The computer will record the real miles and will give a report of when your fuse was pulled/stopped working one of the many reasons a lease sucks

Old 09-22-2006, 11:16 AM
tasmanohio
Professional

besides all that it is CANBUS II so it cant be done without messing up other things with the truck.

Old 09-22-2006, 01:54 PM
ETXDak
Veteran

Thats kinda what I was thinking,your gauge cluster is nothing more than a read out for the vehicle's computer,I don't think you can turn off anything without the comp getting real upset about it.

Old 09-22-2006, 02:42 PM
QCDAKblue
Veteran

I am just assuming most all cars are alike, well in BMW the ckuster hols the miliage as well. I had an 95 M3 years ago and the cluster went out and had to be re programmed for correct miliage.

Old 09-22-2006, 05:59 PM
cjwr
Professional

ORIGINAL: superdak05

what we use to do with are rentals was put vechicle on jackstands and run car/truck in reverse. put a bungy cord to the coil wire that way if vechicle fell off jack stands and moved. bungy would pull coil wire and kill motor.. no damage and fewer miles to pay for.
i used to do this all the time myself. never could get it to work right though. milage always went up still.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:58 PM
RP Racing940
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: cjwr

i used to do this all the time myself. never could get it to work right though. milage always went up still.

Wont work even on 60's era cars. The speedo/odo works the same direction no matter which way the wheels are spinning.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:20 PM
cjwr
Professional

ORIGINAL: RP Racing940

ORIGINAL: cjwr

Wont work even on 60's era cars. The speedo/odo works the same direction no matter which way the wheels are spinning.
was a joke lol

Quick Reply: Anyway to Make Miles Stop, Got a Lease