3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Last Night I ....

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 06:28 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Last Night I ....

... actually raced my truck. I've never raced any of my vehicles before, and a friend called me up and said the the Portland International Raceway was having a "Street Warrior" race. I actually entered it to race and believe it or not, with it at it's actual weight, I won against an older Acura GS.

My time was 16.9 at 78 miles perhour. It would have been faster, but at one point I actually thought I had crossed the line and slowed down.

Now, next year, I'm going to try and add some new stuff and lighten the load by taking off my tonneau cover, spare tire, trailer hitch, back seat and maybe even the passenger seat.

I had fun and I think I'll add more great mods. I'll have to take a second job.... but it'll be worth it.

Old 10-08-2006, 07:24 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Last Night I ....

all you need to do is get the 206 cams and reflash your pcm, you will see quite a bit difference than any plug and play will give you. i only race on the street light to light, have yet to been at the track, still not done tinkering with the motor yet. might get bigger injectors.

Old 10-08-2006, 08:23 PM
ETXDak
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Stone you running the automatic, if so was that with tow haul on or off?I would think with it on it would be a little quicker cause it holds the gear longer.

Old 10-08-2006, 09:02 PM
DakotaStone
Champion

It's an AT. I left the tow/haul off.

I held my foot on the brake and on the gas at the sametime. Since it's AWD, I didn't spin the tires any, just got up and went.

Old 10-08-2006, 09:10 PM
shocker88240
Professional

wow, what altitude are you at? here at 3600 above sea level i ran 17.4 with my exhaust/intake. now i wanna run it now that im jet stage 2

also, i dunno if taking the tonneau cover would make you have a better time, im thinking since it makes you truck more aerodynamic that you would run a better time with it, but thats just my 2 cents

Old 10-09-2006, 03:27 AM
DakotaStone
Champion

I'm not sure about the altitude. We're pretty close to the ocean, so it's probably a couple of hundred feet.

If I remove the Tonneau, I'll also remove the tail gate for less weight.

My time would have been better if I wasn't confused with all of the markings on the floor. I also cooled off my engine before I ran and the temp was approx 55 degrees.

I saw a RAM 2500 go against an F350 and kill it. It took off and didn't even look back.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:28 AM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

superdak...are you saying 206 cams are better then HO cams? and if so HOW DO I GET SOME...ive relly been wanting to upgrade the cams and finally feel some power change in my truck, nuthin works so far.
DakotaStone....you might not want to worry about taking the seats off (if they are cloth) because they dont weigh that much, ESPECIALLY the back seats, very light. not worth the hassle.

and to any random person....pushing the tow/haul button makes u faster at WOT?

Old 10-10-2006, 12:06 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

yes it does because it holds gear longer

Old 10-10-2006, 02:14 PM
ETXDak
Veteran

The automatic is set for best fuel economy so it shifts thru the gears quicker,tow haul mode is for pulling it holds the gear longer, I decided to edit this post and make it a little simpler, it seems the CAI and aftermarket exhaust increases our mid range torque the most,running in tow haul mode will keep us in that range more and take better advantage of these mods.

Old 10-10-2006, 03:20 PM
DakotaStone
Champion

I didn't realize that if I turned on the Tow/haul button that it would give me a better range. I'll remember that for the next time.

I have the full leather package. That's why I want to take out the bench at the least.

Trucky, you can order the 206 cams at WWW.KRCPerformance.com. They have just about every type of mod for the Daks and the Rams. You might want to buy the HO intake manifold while you're at it and put the cams in at the same time. You can also get the paxton s/c for about 4500.

Quick Reply: Last Night I ....