3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

brake issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 02:24 PM
momopar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: brake issues

picked my truck up last night, change the drums this time. We will see how long the shutter stays away this time. Has anyone else had a problem with the brake pedal after work is performed? Every time I get my truck back the pedal has to be depressed more to get the truck to stop. Now it goes passed the gas pedal before it will stop. Glad I have the 6speed or I would be on the gas and brake at the same time...

Old 10-12-2006, 07:06 PM
ETXDak
Veteran

I found a Carquest affiliate said that the warehouse doesn't have them instock but they can get them from Raybestos,I waiting for a call back on the price,,,,,,,,Haven't heard back from the lady at Carquest yet on the price,Thought I'd post the phone# for Raybestos Tech Line ,it may help you track some down,it's a 900 number and they get $1.75 a minute,1-900-733-8355 part# 9765

Old 10-16-2006, 03:43 PM
ETXDak
Veteran

I just got a phone call from AutoQuest they said the Drums are $48 a piece plus $14 to UPS them to the store otherwise I would have to wait for their regular delivery.I told them to bring them on.The lady that I've been talking to went far out of her way to help,My buddy down in Houston made a few calls all he came up with was ,,,no such thing,so they're out there guys but you gonna have to have somebody go the extra mile,now I need to track down some shoes.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:10 AM
Evolutions

Well, my truck has been in for the same thing 6 times. Current mileage of 11581. Two full TSB's including axles, front rotors, rear drums, pads, shoes and some new bolts somewhere. And guess what, after about 100 miles, it's back. Mine is so bad that when braking hard the truck skids at almost any speed. The District Rep. just came to check on 5 trucks or so in the area under lemon law including mine. You would think or atleast hope that a company could realize a problem, and want to fix it or replace it for thier customers. With my experience with this truck, I will not be buying a D/C vehicle again.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:49 PM
ETXDak
Veteran

Evo skidding that sounds bad,mine never did that,at its worst it would shimmey real bad,hopefully changing the drums and shoes solve my issue,one thing I've learned tracking down parts,not just DC is having brake issues.,,,,,,,,,,,,,went by the local dealership today to check on brake shoes,guy in the part dept, said it show 2 sets of different shoes for our trucks one set is single spring the other double spring,he says there's nothing on the computer saying why there's a difference,if i want new shoes I'll have to pull the drums to see which I have,oh and they want $119 a set,he had them instock and showed them to me,they were stamped TRW,I figured they would be stamped Hung Lo or something like that.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:48 AM
Evolutions

ETXDak, Yep, she skids to a halt. It appears that if the shudder is bad enuff it somehow affects the ABS and the brakes just lock. Found out the first time at about 60mph. No ABS even attempted to stop the truck, you can't even ease up on the pedal and come out unless you take your foot all the way off. Couple other trucks here are doing it too. The more mileage I put on, the worse it is. It'd be great of all it was, was the rear drums but at this point I'm done. Of course now with all the times it does it, my tires are flat spotted.
Should hear something soon as to a buyback, either that or the lawsuit is on unfortunately.

Quick Reply: brake issues