3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Gas mileage

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 12:35 AM
skinsfan
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gas mileage

Question.....Frenchy, I know you hate to see any warranty questions, but I still got one.

1st-reccomend jet chip or the CAI for perf and or increased fuel mileage.
2nd-yes I am asking, will either cause the mftc to screw me if/when have to take back in for any reason re the mfct warranty

I have read the warranty post, but unclear how this would impact.

Any thoughts on both points appreciated.

Old 10-20-2006, 05:24 AM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would help you with that but you specifically asked frenchy and that offended me...good day
I SAID GOOD DAY

Old 10-20-2006, 10:36 AM
skinsfan
Rookie

blah blah blah blah....thanks for nothing

Old 11-10-2006, 06:04 PM
heathk2003

My 05 dakota laramie crew cab with v8 and 3.55 gears never gets under 20 on the highway unless if i am going over 75. 67-72 seems to be the sweet spot!! In town i range between 15-16. My best mileage was 22 on the highway ( followed my brother in a u haul at no more than 65) from nebraska to minnesota

Old 11-10-2006, 11:32 PM
trucky
Record Breaker

i FINALLY took the time to record my gas mileage and i was impressed. when im not hotrodding everywhere and i take the time to accelerate...i went from filing up every 7-8 days to waiting 12 days. no highway driving....made 16 MPG all city. thats pretty good. i would assume highway is 19-20.
just goes to showit relly saves when u have patience and save the gunning for when some idiot teen is trying to pass you or shows off.
funny i say that at 19.
oh and if anyone needs to know how to get their gas mileage just ask.its a lil complicated finding out how much gallons you used.

Old 11-11-2006, 01:36 PM
graythang
Record Breaker

I'm lucky to get 14.6 avg. with 80% hi-way. But than again the truck runs really bad and did a sputter like wimpy backfire the other day when I jumped on it on an entrance ramp. I had an older Ford Ranger loose me the other day. Oh, I just wanted to drive under a rock and leave it. Graythang II was ordered last week and I ordered the U-connect to work with my new Bluetooth Phone. The dealer called me yesterday to tell me they couldn't find it in the order program on their computer. They called DC and sure enough, it is not offered on the Dak any longer. 05 and 06 was it for that option. Yep their regressing into the past again. The four-wheel disc brakes that was to happen 07 is not happening. The heated bucket seats that where standard on the Laramie are now a $250.00 option. Remote start is standard and delay power to accessories after the key is off and dual position tailgate are also standard. If you want the full time AWD transfer case it can't be had with the HO option until late spring or summer. It's always something with these guys. Five weeks and Graythang II will be here.

Old 11-11-2006, 03:17 PM
ETXDak
Veteran

Man you haven't even picked it up yet and your bitching,Deja Vu all over again,you're either a flamer or a Prozac candidate.

Old 11-11-2006, 04:25 PM
QCDAKblue
Veteran

Grey you didnt get another HO did you? Also there are plenty of aftermarket blue tooth things avaiable. I have it in my BMW and I never use it, maybe it is just my car but people say they cant hear me well, I had it replaced once also and it isnt any better (and that car cost almost as much as 2 HO fully loaded QC 4X4 Daks). I sure hope you dak is better than the last. I dont think rear disc brakes are all that great in a non-performance vehicle. Only 25% stopping is in the rear and the drum seem to do well IMHO. now that I have 5800 miles my dak is really getting better miliage. On the highway I was pulling 22mpg and in city I am 16.2. Maybe the intake and exhaust help (doubt it) but I am pleased with my miliage as I am getting better then EPA estimates. I really like this truck, I take the truck over the BMW 90% of the time. Sadly my time with the Dak may be shortened as I sold my jetskis and looking to buy a boat that not even a v10 ram could pull. Think I may trade in for srt8 challenger.

EXTDak----Ouch...lets be nice

Old 11-11-2006, 04:55 PM
trucky
Record Breaker

yaaah challenger...i wont be mad at you buddy...im trading in my truck someday for the srt 8 charger.. mopar rules

Old 11-11-2006, 05:59 PM
graythang
Record Breaker

ETXDak; Just a consumer that expects what is produced in print from the manufacture to hold some reliable truth. If you can't appreciate at least that much from Dodge than you have nothing to say that make anymore sense than DCs propaganda. At least read the 07 brochure before you take your next Zoloft

Quick Reply: Gas mileage