3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Dual Flowmaster Super 40s

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 10:55 PM
jimboscomp
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Flowmaster Super 40s

I have one Flowmaster Super 40 on my truck, who thinks I should cut the line and go to a true dual exhaust system with dual Super 40s!?!?!?!

Old 11-17-2006, 12:20 AM
grizzle
Default RE: Dual Flowmaster Super 40s

if u got a 4x4 which u do it is almostimpossible to go to a rue dual setuo. i tried but what i ended up doing was keeping it stock untill next to the transfer case then split to two pipes (2.5") and then through a dual in, dual out flowmaster 40 series and then dumps right before the rear axle and from personnal experince this is loud and the only change i am gonna do is headers and high flow cats and keep therest the same. i am gonna put a video of my truck with the exhaust as soon as im back from germany. i cannt wait until i get my truck and my wife back

Old 11-17-2006, 01:14 AM
regandon
Professional

I did a cat back FlowMaster Dual system, and have it dump out the rear. The sound is great, and when I take the Kota out of OD, it sounds better. My 06 came with high flow cats, and from what I have been told from Dodge, is that all 06 Dakotas have this. If it stops raining friday, I will post a pic of the dual system from underneath.

Old 11-17-2006, 08:34 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Jim. you know what I think. ;-)

And he's got 2WD btw...

Old 11-17-2006, 11:11 AM
graythang
Record Breaker

Would not a non cat back be the perfect choice for true duals? Or, Dual cat back where converters have to be used in inspection states. I'm going to price out a non-cat full dual system. All stainless mandrel bend flowmaster 40 cans with the oval tips straight out the back. No Ys. I use to have duals on my 68 Hemi charger and they where factory true duals, dam what a sound!

Old 11-21-2006, 10:05 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

haha, yeah i have a 2wd...don't mind the Bruiser Off Road symbol it's a horrible fantasy I've had since I realized how stupid I was for not getting a 4x4 *bangs head against wall repeatedly*.

Well with as long as I plan on keeping the truck, 2 years from now I may just go completely bizerk and get the 4x4 conversion done along with a Hemi, we'll see...

factory true duals on a 68 charger...you know that reminds me of a time I just couldn't stop laughing because what happened. OK, so a 60's Charger and a late 90's ricer race, true story. This charger had primer marks on it, dents, just an ugly looking thing on the outside, and next to it was this suped up Acura Integra, big wing on the back, custom rims, fancy paint job, everything. So they take off the line and the acura had a good acceleration at first but then the guy in the charger floored it and you could just hear that thing ROAR, and it FLEW by the acura literally leaving it so far behind. beautiful moment in mopar history!

California is very strict on smog regulations...doesn't much matter, I'm not smog legal right now as it is becaus eof my intake

Old 11-30-2006, 07:34 PM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i read that online at K&N.com... it said the kit with the plastic intake was illegal in CA...and damn thats where im moving for the air force...anyone know why its bad?

Quick Reply: Dual Flowmaster Super 40s